Grilled Honey Chicken Kabobs
Grilled Honey Chicken Kabobs that don’t dry out on the grill, but stay moist and flavorful. These kabobs are simple to make for a BBQ or picnic and delicious to eat.
Happy Memorial Day weekend! I had to get one grilling recipe in there before one of the biggest grilling weekends of the year. These honey chicken kabobs with super pretty red and green bell peppers are just for you. You can choose to marinate them overnight and make these kabobs for an outdoor barbecue as a tasty alternative to the usual barbecue fare! These would also be great for those non-beef eaters (say what??) My hubby is one of those weird people who prefers chicken. Moving on….
This is an excellent recipe and lives up to all the great reviews that I found on allrecipes.com. I doubled the sauce and marinated the heck out of the chicken – the longer the better for these. One thing to remember: if you’re using wooden skewers, don’t forget to soak them in water for a few hours or they’ll burn! Nothing is worse than burnt skewers (well, I can think of a few things….).
These grilled honey chicken kabobs were very tender & flavorful and I know you’ll love them. If you like grilling some chicken, here are some other fun recipes ideas for you: Grilled Pesto Chicken Kabobs, Grilled Greek Chicken Pitas, and Pesto Chicken Burgers. Happy long weekend and don’t forget what it’s really all about!
- ½ cup vegetable oil (or oil of choice)
- ⅔ cup honey
- ⅔ cup soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 4 small onions (or two large ones)
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, honey, soy sauce, and pepper. Before adding chicken, reserve a small amount of marinade to brush onto kabobs while cooking. Place the chicken, garlic, onion and peppers in the bowl, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 2 hours (the longer the better - overnight is best).
- Preheat the grill for high heat.
- Drain marinade from the chicken and vegetables, and discard marinade. Thread chicken, onion and peppers alternately onto the skewers.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Place the skewers on the grill. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes, until chicken juices run clear. Turn and brush with reserved marinade frequently.
Recipe source: adapted from allrecipes.com