Easy Strawberry Buttercream Frosting
This easy, pink strawberry buttercream icing recipe uses powdered sugar, butter, vanilla and strawberry syrup. This is a great recipe for any baked goods: decorating cookies, cakes or piping on cupcakes.
This week is flying by and I have easy strawberry buttercream frosting for you today. I have a confession: I have been super lazy this week and hibernating inside my house in complete seclusion until this frigid cold arctic weather passes.
I live in upstate NY and am a cold-weather wimp – figure that one out! I HATE being cold and I hate bundling up to go outside just as much. I’m a no coat and flip-flops kind of girl that probably should have been born in Florida. In all seriousness, I am just complaining about the weather in good fun. I am really not miserable here, but I do tend to hide away when the weather is in single digits as it has been. Moving right along.
I have had this strawberry buttercream frosting in my files for a while now and used it a couple times. It’s perfect anytime you need a pink frosting for any holiday or special occasion (think Valentine’s Day, baby shower for a girl, etc.) I love that it works equally as well for frosting cookies as it does for piping on cupcakes or spreading on a cake. It is super versatile, like my Peanut Butter Buttercream Frosting.
I have seen many recipes using fresh pureed strawberries but those always end up turning out too wet for what I want to use it for. This one was nice and thick and easy to spread on baked goods so I am keeping this recipe around for the long haul. It would be awesome on these vanilla pound cake cupcakes.
I am SO excited to share what I used this strawberry buttercream frosting for this time and I will be doing that in the next week or so. Stay tuned! They might just be the cutest dessert I have ever made – you can be the judge of that. You can even use this strawberry buttercream as a twist on my favorite cut-out sugar cookies for Christmas.
- 4 ounces butter, softened
- 2-3 Tablespoons strawberry syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cup powdered sugar
- Place softened butter, 2 Tablespoons of strawberry syrup, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Using a mixer, beat on high speed until the mixture is light and fluffy and lumps have disappeared.
- Add the powdered sugar and mix on low speed to blend.
- Once the sugar has begun to incorporate into the butter, mix on high speed for 1 – 2 minutes until the buttercream is completely smooth. Taste the buttercream to test the strawberry flavor, adding another Tablespoon of strawberry syrup if necessary, for a stronger taste. The frosting can be stored in an airtight container for several days.