Creamy Pesto Chicken Pasta
This tasty creamy pesto chicken pasta recipe is a thick, creamy sauce served over pasta and topped with chicken. It’s an easy, comforting pasta dish!
A great way to celebrate “hump day” is to delve into heavenly forkfuls of this creamy deliciousness. If you are looking for a fast and easy comfort dish meal then this is definitely the recipe for you. I took a “little bit of this” and a “little bit of that” from different recipes and made this creamy pesto sauce my own.
*For a healthier alternative, use whole wheat pasta and add some veggies (peppers, onions, broccoli, mushrooms, etc.)!
- 1 pound pasta (I used penne)
- ½ cup butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup pesto sauce
- skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into thin strips
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Saute chicken and garlic in the melted butter until chicken is almost cooked.
- Stir in cream, and season with pepper.
- Cook 6 to 8 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir Parmesan cheese into cream sauce, stirring until thoroughly mixed.
- Blend in the pesto, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until thickened.
- Serve over the hot pasta.