Chicken Avocado Spring Rolls
Chicken Avocado Spring Rolls Spring rolls recipe with Thai dipping sauce are one of my go-to spring or summertime meals. If you’re looking for something fairly quick and simple but more exciting than a sandwich, this is it!
If I had to pick a food that is a favorite with my husband and I, I would have to say it is most certainly avocados. This is why I was pretty excited to be asked to work with Avocados From Mexico for their “Avocado All☆Stars” campaign. I mean, who doesn’t love avocado spring rolls?
When I heard they would be sending me a kit of avocado goodies, AND they were offering an amazing giveaway package to one of my readers, how could I say no? I’ve made many, many recipes in the past using avocados and was excited to get creative again. I’m currently obsessed with my Thai Peanut Chicken Meatballs.
Are you throwing a party for the next big game and looking for a healthier food option? I’ve got you covered with these lovely chicken avocado spring rolls. This is a wonderful avocado-based recipe for baseball game day entertaining (or ANY game day) when you want something more on the healthy side.
We all know that there is enough junk food floating around on game day, not that I don’t love me some junk food, but these will be like a breath of fresh air. Also, just because you eat healthy does not mean that your party food needs to be boring. These are the opposite of boring.
I loved the addition of chicken in these rather than the customary shrimp, tofu, or pork spring rolls – delicious and SO flavorful! I was actually astounded at just how incredible the flavors were in these. They would be great with my Thai sticky rice!
Also, did you know that one ounce (3 slices) of an avocado has 50 calories and contributes nearly 20 vitamins and minerals, making it a good choice to help meet nutrient needs? You should also try this Chicken Pad Thai.
Just a fun fact for you. Enjoy and make sure you enter the giveaway!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast (poached, grilled, baked, rotisserie, or leftover chicken works great)
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into thin strips
- ¼ head red cabbage, chopped (optional, but nice for color)
- fresh cilantro, chopped, to taste
- 1 cup romaine lettuce, torn into pieces
- rice paper spring rolls wrappers
- ½ cup sweet chili sauce
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup canned coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed or finely minced
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon-sized knob of ginger, grated (can also used ground ginger)
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ tablespoon soy sauce
- Combine chili sauce, vinegar, coconut milk, sugar, garlic, ginger, peanut butter, soy sauce and lime juice in a saucepan, whisking with a fork until combined.
- Heat over medium heat until mixture comes to a bubble, let boil for 1 minute then reduce to low and let simmer for another 2-3 minutes. Set aside and let cool.
- Working one at a time, wet rice paper for 10 seconds in a bowl of very warm water and then transfer to a clean,dry work surface.
- Place lettuce in the center of each wrapper and top with cabbage, carrot, chicken, avocado, and sprinkle cilantro over the top. Bring the bottom edge of the wrap tightly over the filling, rolling from bottom to top until the top of the sheet is reached, being careful not to tear the rice paper (they tear easily!).
- Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling. It helps to wet your fingers when rolling to prevent the wrapper from sticking to your fingers.
- Serve with Thai dipping sauce or your choice of sauce!
Disclaimer: This sponsored post was made possible by One2One Network and Avocados from Mexico. I have been compensated for my time and work on this campaign, however all opinions are 100% my own, as always.