Cheesy Potato Sausage Breakfast Casserole
Cheesy Potato Sausage Breakfast Casserole is an easy breakfast or brunch recipe you can throw together on a weekend that the whole family will love!
I hope you are having a great holiday week! We had a wonderful first Christmas as a family of three and wish I could do it all over again. The special time with friends and family was priceless and the food was just as enjoyable. We loved this Cheesy Potato Sausage Breakfast Casserole and know you will, also!
Mr. Wishes loves his breakfast food and really the only time we get around to eating breakfast together is on his days off from work. Casseroles are the easiest way to get all of his favorite breakfast foods knocked out in one dish.
Of course, the most important part of breakfast is the MEAT. A lot of breakfast dishes involve bacon but we are all about the sausage over here!
Johnsonville makes throwing a delicious breakfast together super easy with their fully-cooked breakfast sausage. Hey, wherever I can save myself some time (especially around the holidays) I am all about that! Their fully-cooked sausage links and patties are not only a time saver for those busy mornings, but also pack some flavorful protein into your breakfast.
Any recipe that calls for bacon is, in my opinion, even better when swapping it out for sausage. For this recipe, I cut up the already-cooked sausage and tossed it into this egg, potato, and cheese casserole to make it more of a hearty breakfast. So much flavor packed into such a simple dish!
You can put your fully-cooked Johnsonville sausage in a skillet just to warm it up or in the microwave and eat it plain with some eggs and toast or incorporate it into a breakfast dish like I did with this Cheesy Potato Sausage Casserole.
If you are into breakfast casseroles, definitely check out my Buttermilk Biscuit and Egg Breakfast Cobbler. This Cheesy Potato Sausage Casserole and that breakfast cobbler both go great alongside my old-fashioned peanut butter pancakes.
You should also try my Grilled Beer Brats I made with Johnsonville’s Original Brats or my Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Scramble I made last year with their fresh pork breakfast sausage links. Breakfast food is my jam! Also, do you remember the mini french toast roll-ups I made with their sausage last year? I’m also loving this Tator Tots Breakfast Casserole.
Enjoy and Happy 2019 a few days early!
- 1 pound Johnsonville fully-cooked breakfast sausage
- 1 small yellow onion,diced
- olive oil
- 7 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup milk
- 1 32 oz bag frozen diced hash browns
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray 9x13 casserole dish with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Chop up fully-cooked sausage.
- Saute onion in skillet in a bit of olive oil until translucent.
- Combine ALL ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix until combined.
- Pour into prepared casserole dish.
- Reserve one cup of the cheese for topping.
- Bake casserole for 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with the reserved one cup of cheese. Return to oven for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Allow casserole to rest for 5-10 minutes and serve warm. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe source: adapted from justapinch.com
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Johnsonville. The opinions and text are all mine.