Big Mac Tacos + VIDEO!
Make Taco Tuesday a little wacky with Big Mac Tacos recipe! This taco recipe is low carb with the tortillas, and all the same great taste of a McDonald’s Big Mac, but without the bun!
Your taco Tuesday is about to get so much more fun! I love coming up with creative taco recipes to share with you all. It has been so much fun lately fusing styles and recipes together and this recipe for big mac tacos was no exception.
I absolutely love replicating the flavors of this beloved double decker burger right at home. If there are two foods that I really love – I mean really, REALLY love – it’s tacos and Big Macs. I combined them to make this ultimate comfort food, and the results were just what I had hoped for.
Plus, you’re making them yourself and have control over the ingredients. Control over the ingredients you’re adding is a win-win in my book. It’s all about enjoying what you eat right at home like when you were a kid. You can have these tacos on the table in just30 minutes or less (if you’re quick)! Including fillings, tortillas, toppings and all. Now wonder they’re a dinner staple.
I like to use tortillas instead of buns for these Big Mac Tacos. After all, they are TACOS. If you want these to be a bit more like classic tacos, swap the buns for flour tortillas. Sprinkle on a few sesame seeds to keep the flavor of the “bun” when you assemble the tacos, if you prefer. Aside from the taco shells, this really recipe uses mostly kitchen staples that you most likely have in your kitchen right at this very moment.
To make these tacos healthier, you can use ground turkey as that will work great here as well. Preferably don’t use the super lean kind or it will come out grainy. Ground turkey doesn’t brown the same as ground beef, so just be mindful of that.
Make these Big Mac Tacos and you’ve officially arrived! Dinner is beyond golden. To say we devoured these tacos would the understatement of the century. Loaded with beef, cheese, pickle chips, lettuce, cheese, and that special sauce, a Big Mac Taco always satisfies. They’re likely to become a go-to weeknight dinner the whole family will enjoy and you’ll especially love how easy they are to prepare.
Check out my how-to video in this post of me making the recipe for these Big Mac Tacos!
Go ahead give this one a try. If and when you do make them be sure to take pictures and post them to my Facebook page (Wishes and Dishes). Also, make sure you try out my other Easy Taco Recipes for dinner soon:
Grilled Chicken Fresco Soft Tacos
Big Mac Tacos
- 8 Tortillas
- 2 lbs. Ground Beef or Ground Turkey
- 8 slices American Cheese
- Shredded Lettuce
- Dill Pickle Chips
- 1 cup Mayo
- 2 TBSP onion finely chopped.
- 8 tsp Dill Relish
- 6 TBSP Creamy French Dressing
- 2 tsp Sugar or sugar substitute, if preferable
- 2 tsp Vinegar
- Start by heating up your skillet. Add hamburger to the top of the tortilla and spread out until nearly the whole tortilla is covered.
- Place the hamburger side down in the skillet. Cook until the meat is cooked through.
- Flip and soak up grease with a paper towel.
- Cook the tortilla side just until it’s slightly toasted.
- Place a slice of cheese on top of your hamburger.
- Allow it to melt just a bit.
- Remove from heat and add shredded lettuce and pickles.
- Add you Mayo, onion, relish, dressing, sugar, vinegar to a large mixing bowl.
- Mix until well combined.
- Top your taco with the mixture.
- Serve hot and enjoy!