The Best Rocky Road
The Best Valentine’s Day Rocky Road recipe is an easy, no-bake 5 ingredient dessert and requires mostly ingredients you have in your pantry! It doesn’t get any easier than this.
I am desperately in love with this Rocky Road. Desperately, I tell you! Crazy desperate.
I believe that out of all the cookies, chocolates, cakes and all the other holiday treats, rocky road would have to be my all time favorite holiday chocolate! Ok, it’s a tie with my new recipe for Lover’s Chocolate Cupcakes. It’s great for Christmas, Valentine’s Day, or whenever you are craving chocolate.
Do you know what Rocky Road is? Rocky road is a type of candy bar that is made up of melted chocolate and then mixed with some goodies like marshmallow and/or nuts. It’s similar to Chocolate Holiday Fudge but loaded with extras. This rocky road recipe is super easy to create, and is a no bake recipe
I love how Rocky Road is the perfect combination of soft, and crunchy and makes great edible gift for friends and family! This is a super simple recipe, requires just 5 ingredients, and super extra bonus points for being no-bake! You should totally no-bake my Red Velvet Truffles, also!
I think this Rocky Road will became a family tradition for sure. The sweet and salty reminds me a lot of my all-time favorite Crock Pot Triple Chocolate Peanut Candy.
It’s easy enough to just switch up the sprinkles and decorations according to the holiday or birthday party you are making this for. Speaking of which, other occasions like birthday parties are a great occasion for rocky road!
So I’m rambling all about this Rocky Road today because it’s SO good you can make it ahead of time! Go ahead and prepare it a day before you need it. Then be sure to then hide it from yourself so you don’t eat it all (speaking from experience).
What will I need to complete this recipe?
a.) You will need the following ingredients to make this Rocky Road:
12 ounce bag Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
2 tablespoons Butter
1 can (14 ounce) Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 1/2 cups Dry Roasted Peanuts
16 ounce bag Mini Marshmallows
Valentine’s Sprinkles / Candy Decorations of Choice
b.) You will need the following supplies to make this Rocky Road:
Parchment Paper or Wax Paper
Medium to Large Pan
How do I save leftovers?
Leftovers should be refrigerated and will last for at least 1 week.
Below within the recipe card I provided a couple of tips I have up my sleeve to help you pull of this rocky road perfectly every time! Enjoy!
- 12 ounce bag Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 can (14 ounce) Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2½ cups Dry Roasted Salted Peanuts
- 16 ounce bag Mini Marshmallows
- Valentine Sprinkles and/or Candy Decorations of Your Choice
- Line 13x9 pan with parchment or wax paper.
- Melt chocolate chips, butter and condensed milk in a medium to large pan over medium/low heat, stirring constantly to keep it from scorching.
- Once melted, remove chocolate mixture from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Stir peanuts and marshmallows into chocolate mixture.
- Spread rocky road mixture into prepared pan and add Valentine’s sprinkles and/or candy decorations as desired.
- Chill until set, approximately 2 - 3 hours.
- Chopped pecans or walnuts can be substituted for peanuts for preference or those with allergies.
- Valentine’s sprinkles / decorations are optional.
- Salted nuts taste better than unsalted nuts in this recipe.
- Cut into squares and serve. Enjoy!