Smokehouse Bacon Fettuccine Alfredo
Smokehouse Bacon Fettuccine Alfredo recipe is made in less than 30 minutes and is all the flavors of a creamy, smokey Alfredo sauce, crispy bacon, and will soon become your favorite pasta dish!
OK we’re undoing all of the calories we saved in the healthy chicken sausage dinner recipe I posted earlier this week. It’s all about balance in life, right? I’m in Buffalo today taking care of some business and feeling thankful that the big snow storm we got happened Tuesday instead of today. Being snowed in for a day is fun and cozy, but things to do…. places to be.
I’ve been on a little bit of a bacon kick lately and I don’t know what has become of me. I am normally NOT a bacon lover and still don’t consider myself one, but sometimes ya just gotta have it. You need to still love me even though I don’t really love bacon, OK?
I love this pasta dish…..LOVE. It has all of my favorites floating around in a creamy, smokey Italian Alfredo sauce. Alfredo sauce has always been a favorite of mine but I consider it a special occasion sauce because of the big-time fattiness of it. I do have a lightened up Fettuccine Alfredo recipe if that is more your style. I also have a baked pasta Alfredo that uses store-bought sauce if you need something you can make ahead or bring to someone who needs a meal.
Cream sauce combined with bacon pretty much has me convinced that this is the best dinner ever. It’s healthy because I added spinach, right? Have a great Thursday, everyone!
- 1 pound Fettuccine, cooked according to box directions
- 6 slices of bacon (I used Applewood Smoked Bacon)
- 10 ounces of fresh mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 4 garlic cloves,minced
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Cook the Fettuccine according to package directions.
- Cook the bacon until crisp and then crumble; set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat.
- Cook mushrooms until tender and reduced in size. Add in the minced garlic cloves and cook, stirring frequently, for a minute longer just until fragrant (take care that it doesn't burn).
- Remove the garlic and mushrooms to a plate.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in the same skillet you cooked the mushrooms and garlic in. Add in 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Slowly whisk in heavy whipping cream and bring to a simmer, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese and simmer for another 8-10 minutes, stirring very often.
- Once the sauce begins to thicken, reduce heat to low.
- Stir in the mozzarella cheese, smoked paprika, and black pepper.
- Mix in the cooked bacon, fresh spinach, cooked mushrooms and garlic.
- Stir in the cooked pasta, mix until all incorporated (I use kitchen tongs for this step) and serve hot with additional fresh Parmesan cheese for garnish.
- Add some extra salt and pepper, to taste.
Recipe source: adapted from my friend Ashley at centercutcook.com. If you don’t read her blog, she has the best dinner recipes and you should head on over to support her site!
I’ve always loved bacon! Anything bacon makes me happy.. I especially LOVE the smell! This dish looks heaven 🙂
Oh, I don’t even know where to begin with this one, Ashley! Smokehouse? Yup. Bacon? Yup. Fettuccine alfredo? Well, of course. What kind of question is that? I’m all about this one as it looks like the ultimate comfort food for a snowy night. (Well, at least for the time of the year when it’s supposed to be snowy…) We’re heading out to Rochester next week for the curling tournament. Will you make sure there isn’t too much snow? Thanks!
This looks like the ultimate comfort dinner. Add in a slice of garlic bread and I’m a happy camper!
This looks absolutely delicious!! So comforting and yummy 🙂
You can’t go wrong with fettuccine alfredo and the addition of the bacon is perfect! I wish I had a big plate of this for dinner!
This is definitely some awesome comfort food right here!! We managed to miss an ice storm earlier this week while out of town (thankfully!) but I do love a good cozy meal when stuck inside!!
Thank you so much for adding spinach to this dish! Hello health food! Lol! This looks great, especially the addition of smoked paprika…..yum
This definitely looks like the best dinner ever! You can’t go wrong with a creamy sauce and bacon. 🙂
Snow is the worst. It totally ruined my plans today 🙁 But this looks crazy good! I have always loved fettuccine alfredo, but I’m not a bacon lover either. Every now and then but it’s too Salty for me in general.
Made this today, followed the recipe except swapped “zoodles” for the fettuccine.
Added them last and cooked for about 4 minutes on a medium temperature.
OMgoodness!! Served with steamed broccoli on the side.
Low carb super amazing dish, new favorite!