Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies are two of your favorite cookies rolled into one totally sinful dessert recipe that everyone will love!
A cookie within a cookie is pretty much the best invention ever. Why didn’t I think of that a long time ago? Monstrous chocolate chip cookies surrounding my favorite store-bought cookie in the entire world and worst weakness of all time, the Oreo. You know what? These cookies almost make me stop thinking about the fact that we are having our second winter here in Rochester….in April. That’s OK, though, I am holding out hope that spring is right around the corner. In the meantime, I’ll be eating Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies ’til the cows come home.
Originally Published: 4/7/16. Updated 11/8/17.
Note: Plan a little bit ahead for these bad boys. You want to chill the dough for 24 hours before baking them. I made these three times and the first time I didn’t chill the dough at all and my cookies spread a lot in the oven. They looked like U.F.O.’s! Don’t get me wrong, they still tasted awesome and it wasn’t a big deal, but I like my cookies to look perfect, especially when I’m bringing them somewhere. It’s just the perfectionist in me. If they’re just for me and my hubby, I don’t care (sorry hubby)! The second time I made them I chilled the dough for just about an hour and they still spread more than I would have liked them too. I found the sweet spot was 24 hours and totally worth the wait. If you just need a quick sweets fix and don’t care about them not holding their shape, by all means, bake away.
Also, take the dough out ahead of time so it will be soft enough to form into balls but still slightly chilled. Working with warm dough in this case is no bueno! Enjoy!
If you’re loving Oreo desserts, you have to check these out:
- Peanut Butter Cup Oreo Milkshake
- Holiday Oreo Truffles
- Oreo Peanut Butter Swirl White Chocolate Fudge
- Oreo Cheesecake Cookies
- 2 sticks butter, softened to room temperature
- ¾ Cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 3½ Cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 10 oz bag chocolate chips
- 1 package of Double "Stuf" Oreo Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or hand mixer, cream butter and sugars until well combined. Add in eggs, one at a time, and blend. Add vanilla and mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and baking soda.
- Slowly add this to the wet ingredients along with chocolate chips until just combined.
- Using a cookie scoop take one scoop of cookie dough (not too much or your cookies will be too large) and place on top of an Oreo Cookie. Take another scoop of dough (again, just enough to cover the bottom of the Oreo) and place on bottom of Oreo Cookie. Seal edges together by pressing and cupping in hand until Oreo Cookie is enclosed with dough. You don't want a ton of extra dough or the cookies will spread too much, but you want enough to fully cover the Oreo on all sides.
- Place onto a parchment paper or Silpat lined baking sheet and bake cookies 10-13 minutes or until cookies are baked to your liking. Mine were done right at 10.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to wire cooling rack. Enjoy!
Recipe source: adapted from tablespoon.com