Mini 4th of July Strawberry Trifles
This is a dessert recipe for an incredibly simple and festive red, white and blue mini 4th of July Strawberry Trifles made with fresh strawberries! These would also be perfect for Memorial Day!
It is absolutely blowing my mind right now that July 4th is coming up so soon. I am excited to share these 4th of July Strawberry Trifles. Can you believe that the year is already almost halfway over and done with? Time just really flies! This means I must be getting old.
I came up with this cool idea for the perfect dessert for any 4th of July BBQ or party that you might be attending this year. These Mini 4th of July Strawberry Trifles are just super fun, perfect for both kids and adults, and an overall impressive recipe for 4th of July or Memorial Day. The colors are so vibrant and will look great on that dessert table of yours.
What I love most about trifles is that they are super easy, inexpensive, versatile and very colorful to look at! You can easily double the recipe to make 8 mini trifles (since you will already will have more than enough cookies) or create one large trifle with the ingredients for a fun twist.
Honestly, when it comes to the measurements for these, you don’t have to be exact. The whole point is basically just layering the ingredients to your liking. The exact amounts of each ingredient are totally up to you! It’s just all about making them look pretty since we eat with our eyes. For another fun, festive dessert, try my Firecracker Pop Rocks Cookies.
So, go “4th” and make these pretty, patriotic Mini 4th of July Strawberry Trifles for your 4th of July weekend or Memorial Day weekend festivities! Did you catch my joke? I’m so funny, right?! You can also check out more patriotic recipes that I have on my blog here. Enjoy!
- 1 box of Pillsbury Blue Raspberry Premium Cookie Mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, hulled, cut into bite-size pieces
- Bake cookies according to package directions (you won't be using all of them for these trifles so if you want, you can make a half batch).
- Finely crumble cooled cookies with hands into medium bowl or directly into mini trifles (you can also use mason jars or small glasses).
- In bowl of stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment, place cream, 3 tablespoons of the sugar and the vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. (Just a few minutes with a stand mixer; it will take longer with a hand mixer.)
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place strawberries in medium bowl; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar; mix gently.
- To assemble trifles, place a layer of crumbled blue cookies (measurements don't have to be exact) in bottom of each of 4 mini trifle dishes; press down to compact.
- Top each with equal parts of the strawberries and a few tablespoons of whipped cream. Repeat layers; top each with a single cut strawberry. (You will have whipped cream left over but can use it for so many things!)
- Store trifles in refrigerator until ready to serve. Serve trifles the same day they are made for best results.
You took the words out of my mouth. This is definitely the perfect dessert for a summer BBQ. Love this!
I adore trifles as well – they’re ever so fun! And your version is gorgeous – what a show-stopper! xx
So patriotic! These would make some super cute trifle pops too. 😉
These are so cute and perfect for the upcoming holiday!
I love trifles and these are super fun!
A cute and easy dessert that even the kids could put together!
Perfect for 4th of July! 🙂
How cute! I love that blue raspberry cake mix!
Oh my gawwwwd I can’t get over how cute these are!
Cute trifles! And the perfect dish for the summer — so colorful, and they take advantage of all the great fruit we have. Love the idea of the cookie mix! Very creative.
I bet my kids would love this 🙂
So cute and perfect for a 4th party!
Ashley – this is so cute! I love these trifles 🙂
Very festive and I adore that they’re in mini form!
Festive. I’ve never seen the cookie mix before. It’s perfect for the patriotic holidays!
I’ll have to make the white and then I’ll get Canadian trifles for Canada Day. Thanks! 🙂
Don’t remind me! I can’t believe that’s we’re halfway through the year! Nooooooo! I think I need one of these trifles to cheer me up!
Very cute and I adore those little trifle cups!
I’ve seen that raspberry cake mix and wondered what one would do with that. Haha This is one great way! Very festive 😀
That looks awesome, so colorful! This would definitely be a big hit at a BBQ, especially for Memorial Day or the 4th of July.
I can’t believe it’s almost the fourth of july either – it’s crazy. I don’t know where the year is going…
And these are so fun! So much color!
Too cute! I had no idea they made a blue raspberry cookie mix. Good idea!
These are so cute and perfect for the holiday. I love trifles.
How adorable are these!
Surprised to see this is made with cookie mix. I thought it was cake! Either way, this is so cute. I have 2 mini trifles at home and never used it. This reminds me to pull mine out of the closet. Lovely dessert!
These trifles are so festive and perfect for the 4th of July! I can just imagine them on my holiday table. It’s hard to believe the year is 1/2 over – I never thought of it that way – but yikes! 🙂
These are perfect for 4th of July!
I didn’t know there was a blue cookie mix? These are so much fun for a 4th of July dessert!
Can’t belive the year is half gone! These are adorable
Totally loving the colors in these trifles! Super fun for the holiday!
These are sooo cute! And no I can’t believe 2014 is almost over. I want to pause life right here!