Crock Pot Cheesy Bean Dip
Crock Pot Cheesy Bean Dip recipe made with refried beans, sour cream, cream cheese, and cheddar cheese. This is every cheese lover’s dream and is perfect for Super Bowl, game day, potluck, gathering with friends, or holiday party. The slow cooker does all the work for you!
I know I got a little distracted from posting the Super Bowl recipes earlier this week and posted a Groundhog Day cookie recipe instead, but now I’m back on track! This crock pot cheesy bean dip is a great appetizer idea for football game days, potlucks, tailgating parties (as long as you have an outlet to plug the crock pot in to) and especially for….SUPER BOWL! What are you doing for the big game on Sunday? I will most likely be spending it at home cleaning up the aftermath of the huge Groundhog Day party I’m throwing the night before….and eating this bean dip.
I pretty much just love Super Bowl parties because of all the yummy food. This particular dip is seriously so dang good. It will most likely be long gone before the game is even half over. It’s also super easy – the crock pot / slow cooker does all the work for you! It’s a keeper…enjoy!
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 Cup Sour Cream (can also use plain Greek Yogurt)
- 16 oz can of Refried Beans
- 2 Tbsp Taco Seasoning
- 1½ tsp Onion Powder
- 1½ tsp Garlic Powder
- 8 oz Shredded Sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- your favorite tortilla Chips
- Blend all ingredients EXCEPT for the shredded cheese.
- Spoon half of cream cheese mixture into the bottom of the crock pot and sprinkle half the cheese on top of it.
- Add remaining cream cheese mixture and top with remaining cheese (so basically you made 2 layers of the dip).
- Heat on low for 2-3 hours or until heated through and cheese is melted on top.
- Serve hot so the cheese stays melted and scoop out with tortilla chips.
Recipe source: adapted from a recipe found in Gooseberry Patch’s Hometown Harvest