Crock Pot Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
Crock Pot Bacon Cheeseburger Soup is a super easy recipe to make right in your slow cooker and will hit the spot any time of the year
If you love a good cheeseburger as much as I do, you will love what this Crock Pot Bacon Cheeseburger Soup brings to the table (no pun intended). I often post about cheeseburgers on my Instagram page- they are such comfort food for me!
I used my all-time favorite brand of diced tomatoes for this recipe, Tuttorosso. Even though it was weeks ago that I actually made this soup, I think about it all the time. Good food has a way of doing that to me.
My life and job revolve around food, so that’s really no surprise, right? I use Tuttorosso for everything, as I talked about in this post about my Greek Chicken Soft Tacos, and I JUST yesterday used their sauce and tomato puree in my famous Sunday sauce.
I have literally tried every brand there is at my local grocery store and always come back to Tuttorosso. They are made by Red Gold Tomatoes, a company out of Indiana.
I only used half of a large can of their diced tomatoes in this recipe but I always find it easy to find other uses for what is leftover so that nothing goes to waste! For instance, this BLT chopped salad with avocado, or these Greek Chicken Soft Tacos which also use Tuttorosso tomatoes or sauce would be a great use of those extra tomatoes! Just saying…
- 10 oz bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1.5 pounds ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ cup white onion, diced
- ⅛ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- ½ of a (28 oz) can Tuttorosso diced tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 lb medium shells pasta or other similar pasta (elbows would work)
- Additional cheese, crumbled bacon, and sour cream (optional), for garnish
- In a large skillet, add the ground beef and onion and saute/brown until meat is no longer pink. Break up the beef with a wooden spoon as it cooks. Add garlic and saute until fragrant, about one or two minutes, then season with salt and pepper.
- Drain excess grease from the pan.
- Add ground beef to crock pot/slow cooker (mine is 6 quarts).
- Add in half of the can of the tomatoes (don't drain - try to get half the juice as well), water, worrcestershire sauce, and chicken stock. Stir.
- Add in the cooked bacon. Stir.
- Cook on low for 5 hours.
- Thirty minutes before serving: Whisk together the heavy cream and flour in a small bowl until no clumps remain (this is to thicken the soup).
- Whisk this into the soup.
- Add in the cheese and stir until it's melted. Cook on low for 25-30 additional minutes.
- While that’s cooking, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add in the pasta and cook according to instructions on box. Drain and add to slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Serve the soup hot with extra cheese and bacon crumbles (and sour cream or chopped up dill pickles if you're feeling adventurous!) on top of each bowl.
Disclaimer: Thank you Tuttorosso for sponsoring this conversation. All opinions remain 100% my own, as always.
Recipe source: adapted from bigbearswife.com