Crock Pot Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
- 10 oz bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1.5 pounds ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ cup white onion, diced
- ⅛ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- ½ of a (28 oz) can Tuttorosso diced tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 lb medium shells pasta or other similar pasta (elbows would work)
- Additional cheese, crumbled bacon, and sour cream (optional), for garnish
- In a large skillet, add the ground beef and onion and saute/brown until meat is no longer pink. Break up the beef with a wooden spoon as it cooks. Add garlic and saute until fragrant, about one or two minutes, then season with salt and pepper.
- Drain excess grease from the pan.
- Add ground beef to crock pot/slow cooker (mine is 6 quarts).
- Add in half of the can of the tomatoes (don't drain - try to get half the juice as well), water and chicken stock. Stir.
- Add in the cooked bacon. Stir.
- Cook on low for 5 hours.
- Thirty minutes before serving: Whisk together the heavy cream and flour in a small bowl until no clumps remain (this is to thicken the soup).
- Whisk this into the soup.
- Add in the cheese and stir until it's melted. Cook on low for 25-30 additional minutes.
- While that’s cooking, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add in the pasta and cook according to instructions on box. Drain and add to slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Serve the soup hot with extra cheese and bacon crumbles (and sour cream or chopped up dill pickles if you're feeling adventurous!) on top of each bowl.
Disclaimer: Thank you Tuttorosso for sponsoring this conversation. All opinions remain 100% my own, as always.
Recipe source: adapted from bigbearswife.com