Caprese Avocado Salad
Light, refreshing, healthy Caprese Avocado Salad recipe packed with fresh mozzarella cheese is a quick and easy meal or side dish in a salad! This is great for any picnic, holiday, or BBQ!
Say “hi” to this Caprese Avocado Salad. I’m not ready to say goodbye to summer yet. I mean, we still have Labor Day coming up! Since the official “end” of summer is still to come, I am going to go right ahead and put another salad recipe out there. You don’t mind, right?
This Caprese Avocado Salad is hands down one of my favorite salads and is great for any season, really. I doubled this for a large 4th of July party and it was just the right amount (given there were plenty of other side dish options). It is SO satisfying and delicious. I love a simple salad that is packed with flavor and this one is it.
I normally don’t like tomatoes but I love them in this salad. Cherry tomatoes are doable for me. Avocados are obviously my favorite thing in the world and all I ate while I was pregnant. Mr. Wishes and I always joked that Eliza was going to come out green.
She didn’t come out green, but not surprisingly, she loves avocados too! I may have accidentally given her guacamole once that may have had a little piece of jalapeno in it. So I ruined guacamole for her for a while after that. No one ever accused me of being the mom of the year! I supposed there are worse things I could do.
If you are looking for something to bring to a potluck, picnic, whatever, definitely try this and see how fast is disappears. This salad and my California Spaghetti salad are my new favorites. The dressing in this Caprese avocado salad is just the right amount of sweet because of the honey and goes great with the tomatoes and avocado.
You will also love my famous Macaroni Coleslaw Salad!
- 1 pint red cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 1 pint yellow cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 2 large avocados pitted, peeled, and chopped
- 8 ounces mini mozzarella balls
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together red tomatoes, yellow tomatoes, chopped avocado, mini mozzarella balls, and basil.
- In another small microwave safe mixing bowl, heat honey for about 15 seconds in the microwave to thin out.
- Whisk together with white balsamic and olive oil. Add the honey; whisk well.
- Pour dressing over tomatoes and basil. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. The flavors will come together nicely!
Recipe source: slightly adapted from stayathomechef.com