Beach Sand Pudding Cups
Beach Sand Pudding Cups are an adorable and oh-so-delicious no-bake dessert recipe for kids! Made with vanilla pudding, food coloring, and whipped topping they are the cutest snack for a party or snack!
The summer weekend called! They asked for cute Sand Pudding Cups to be made. Make a treat because it’s time to celebrate summer.
I’m so in love! These beach sand pudding cups are so incredibly low-maintenance but look so darn cute and impressive. Kids will love them! Kids are heart will also love them (me)! I just can’t stop staring at them. Aren’t they the cutest things?
This is definitely the new go-to fun dessert to make with kids or for any summer event. It’s so summery. So fresh. So wonderful. So cute. Cute desserts are my absolute favorite thing to eat in the entire world. I could literally stare at the photos of these pudding cups all day long.
Eliza LOVES anything she can eat with a spoon: yogurt, cereal, pudding, Nutter Butter Icebox Cake. She Adores it. Even if only one third of the spoon’s contents end up in her actual mouth. I’m thinking maybe she’s a texture freak like her mommy.
You know that I can’t live life without crunch, so on top we have crushed golden Oreo cookies to resemble sand. You can totally use graham cracker crumbs if that’s what you have, but I love the taste of the Oreo with the pudding. Let’s face it – I love Golden Oreos in dessert, like in my Key Lime Pie Oreo Truffles.
Nine ounce cups work the best for these desserts but you can also use individual trifle parfait cups like I used in these Baked Vanilla Custard and Pudding Parfaits. These sand pudding cups are such a crowd pleaser and everyone flips over them. Especially because it’s 2020 and we all forgot how much we love a good pudding cup.
You can add any gummy candy or even teddy grahams to the top of these sand pudding cups. Or if you’re like me and you just keep adding more and more until its overkill, and that’s fine too. Because you gotta LIVE, you know?!
- 2 small boxes (3.4 oz) instant vanilla or white chocolate pudding mix, unprepared **see notes
- 2 cups COLD milk
- 1 tub (8 oz) whipped topping, thawed (such as Cool Whip)
- Blue food coloring (as much as needed)
- 6-8 golden Oreo cookies, crushed (can also use graham cracker crumbs)
- Gummy candy sea creatures
- Gummy candy stars or shells
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the cold milk
- Sprinkle pudding mix over top and whisk well until thoroughly combined
- Place in refrigerator about 10-15 minutes or until fully set
- Fold in the whipped topping with a spatula
- Add to small glasses or cups (about 9oz cups)
- Place in refrigerator for 15-20 minutes to chill
- Crush cookies in food processor until fine crumbs OR use a Ziploc bag and rolling pin to crush until fine crumbs
- Spoon cookies on side to resemble sand/beach
- Add gummy creatures, stars or shells on top
- For the food coloring, gel food coloring works best. Depending on how dark blue you want the pudding, you may need to make it darker than expected because when you add the whipped topping it will lighten the pudding color.