Soft Batch Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies are where perfectly spiced pumpkin pie meets chocolate chip cookies and you will love the result! This is a great fall dessert recipe idea to whip up when you’re in a hurry!
Everyone needs that go-to chocolate chip pumpkin cookie recipe to have in their back pocket for fall baking. I have my favorite chocolate chip pumpkin muffins, am still working on a pumpkin bread recipe that is the “be all, end all” for pumpkin breads (if you have an amazing one, hook a girl up), and these cookies are my new favorite Soft Batch Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies. I’ve made several pumpkin cookies before but they are all cake-like in texture. I wanted a cookie containing pumpkin that was more chewy….and chewy is what I achieved!
I’m so glad you’re here! Follow along on Pinterest for more inspiration!
Now don’t get me wrong, I love love love my soft, cake-like Butterscotch Pumpkin Cookies. These just have the perfect texture I had been looking for and just the right balance of pumpkin and chocolate. You may just inhale these bad boys right smack dab out of the oven, but they actually get softer as you let them sit and cool off a bit. Warning: it’s really hard to stop eating them!
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 Tablespoons pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 and ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 and ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the melted butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together until no brown sugar lumps remain.
- Whisk in the vanilla and pumpkin until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and all spice.
- Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together with a large spoon or rubber spatula until just incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
- Cover the dough and chill for 30 minutes, or up to 24 hours (do NOT skip this step).
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Roll the dough into balls, about 1.5 Tablespoons each. Slightly flatten the dough balls with your fingers because the cookies don't spread a whole lot in the oven.
- Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes. The cookies will look very soft and under-baked and that is normal.
- Remove from the oven and press a few more chocolate chips onto the tops of cookies, if desired. You may flatten the cookies a bit more at this point if they need to be.
- Allow the cookies to cool about 10 minutes on the cookie sheets before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
Recipe source: adapted from sallysbakingaddiction.com
- Craving more? Sign up for the Wishes & Dishes Newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered every week to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook , Twitter , Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates!