1¾ cups warm water ¼ cup olive oil
1½ tablespoons active dry yeast
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
4 cloves of garlic, finely minced
¼ cup finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
4. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
5. Once the knots have doubled in size, remove the towel covering them and bake, one pan at a time, for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden.
6. While the knots are baking, prepare the garlic coating. Over low heat, warm the olive oil, butter and garlic in a small saucepan. Add the chopped parsley, cover and set aside.
7. After removing the knots from the oven (while they are still warm), either brush them with the garlic coating, or place the knots in a large bowl and toss with the garlic coating. Season with additional sea salt to taste.
8. Best served warm. Baked rolls can be individually wrapped and frozen in an airtight freezer bag.