Fresh Apple Pie Dip
This fresh apple pie dip is perfect for dessert, an afternoon snack, tea parties, used as a pie filling or topping your favorite ice cream with! Great for the holidays.
I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! I tagged along with Mr. Wishes on a short business trip to Washington D.C. and am having a blast. I haven’t been to this city since I was a kid and never really appreciated it – it’s a really cool place….and very clean 🙂
This dip version of apple pie is as scrumptious as it sounds. I love all things Fall, but most of all, I love all things Fall that are food-related. So when I came across a recipe for apple pie dip, I thought “what a clever idea!” Earlier in this fall season, I must have been craving pumpkin something bad, because that was the base for most ALL of my fall desserts. Now it has turned to apple!
If you’re making this apple dip for a larger crowd, definitely double the recipe. I made in on a night we were just having a few friends over for dessert, hot apple cider, and a campfire and it was the perfect amount of dip. The only time-consuming part of this recipe was the apples: peeling, coring and cutting the apples is kind of a pain, but worth it in the end. I have an apple peeler with a vacuum base that makes my life a LOT easier. I highly recommend buying one if you bake a lot with apples!
This apple dip would make a great pie filling, ice cream topping… or even yogurt topping. I’m definitely adding it to my Thanksgiving appetizer list!
- 2 cups peeled, cored, and diced apples
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cornstarch dissolved in 1 tsp water
- You can either cook this on the stove-top or the microwave.
- Combine all the dip ingredients in a small pan/ microwaveable bowl except the cornstarch-water mixture.
- Heat for a few minutes until it’s boiling and has extracted juice from the apple.
- Add cornstarch-water mixture to the “sauce”
- Put back in the microwave/stove top until boiling and the sauce has thickened.
- Set aside. You can serve this warm or chilled. It doesn’t matter. It will taste delicious.
- Sprinkle a little more cinnamon on top right before serving (optional, but looks nice).
- Serve with cinnamon-sugar pita chips!
Recipe source: adapted from thepeachkitchen.com