Chocolate Almond Butter Yogurt and Granola Parfaits are a healthier, skinny breakfast or dessert recipe made with gluten free granola and honey Greek yogurt.
UPDATE: The winner of the Bob’s Red Mill granola is:
#67 – Caro: “I’m a Facebook fan.”
Congratulations, Caro! Thank you to everyone who entered.
I hope everyone had a great Father’s day weekend. We took Mr. Wishes parents out to lunch and ate outside in the beautiful sunshine. We then had dinner at my mom’s with my Grandpa and Grandma and later on went to my sister-in-laws to hang out til late – it was day packed full of family and good food! These easy parfaits I’m sharing with you today will make a great breakfast OR a healthy dessert. They had a very decadent taste and are secretly skinny, low-calorie and mostly clean-eating friendly too! You can even prepare the yogurt layer up to 2 days in advance and assemble the parfaits just before serving.
When it comes to healthy whole grains, nothing beats Bob’s Red Mill. The very gracious and generous folks over at Bob’s Red Mill sent me a variety of their amazing gluten-free granolas to try out and give away to one of you amazing readers. They make a variety of wonderful food products for people who strive to eat better and live a healthier lifestyle. At any given time in our home, we have had countless products from them ranging from their rolled/steel cut oats to their flours and cereal blends. You will love their granola! They are great for breakfast or to work into a recipe and you can feel better about what you are eating when they are made with these products. They do not use any GMOs (genetically modified organisms) in their products which is a plus! Also, for those who eat gluten-free, Bob’s offers a variety of gluten-free products besides just these granolas.
Honey Oat Granola: gluten free crunchy clusters, lightly sweet flavor with a hint of honey, whole grain oats, crunchy puffed rice and all natural flavors, this is one granola that truly stands out and is worth a try. The ingredients are of good quality and it is good as a topping, a quick snack, or in a bowl with milk.
Apple Blueberry Granola: This was a favorite of mine. Crunchy and sweet, very healthy, and the taste is awesome. It is fresh and wholesome and makes for a great breakfast or a handy snack at any time…and free of additives and preservatives! It makes you wonder why all that other granola that is sold in boxes in the grocery store needs to have all those extra ingredients added that you can’t pronounce.
Below is the recipe for delicious granola parfaits I made with their granola and details on how to win a bag of each for yourself!
- 2 Cups Bob's Red Mill Honey Oat Granola (or any granola will do)
- 1 Cup. natural Almond Butter
- 4 Oz. semi-sweet or dark Chocolate
- 2 Cups Honey Greek Yogurt
- Melt Chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave.
- Allow to cool slightly. Mix in yogurt and almond butter with the chocolate until well combined.
- Alternate chocolate almond butter yogurt mixture with the granola in serving dishes. I used a piping bag to do this in a less messy way. I circled the mixture around the edges first to make the layers show nicely. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Thanks to Bob’s Red Mill, one lucky Wishes and Dishes reader will win 2 bags of their gluten-free granola! Many thanks to them for providing the review and giveaway product. Giveaway is open to U.S. readers.
HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST
To enter to win, simply leave a comment on this post and answer the following question:
“What is your favorite healthy breakfast food?”
You can receive up to FIVE additional entries to win by doing the following:
1. Subscribe to Wishes and Dishes by email.. Come back and let me know you’ve subscribed in an additional comment on this post.
2. Follow @wishesndishes on Twitter. Come back and let me know you’ve followed in an additional comment on this post.
3. Follow Wishes and Dishes on Pinterest. Come back and let me know you became a fan in an additional comment on this post.
4. Become a fan of Wishes and Dishes on Facebook. Come back and let me know you became a fan in an additional comment on this post.
5. Follow Wishes and Dishes on Instagram. Come back and let me know you’ve followed in an additional comment on this post.
Deadline: Sunday, June 22, 2014 at 11:59pm EST.
Winner: The winner will be chosen at random using Random.org and announced at the top of this post. I will email the winner and if he/she does not respond within 48 hours, another winner will be selected.
Disclaimer: Bob’s Red Mill gave me these products and is also mailing them out to the winner of the giveaway. My opinions remain entirely my own, as always.- Craving more? Sign up for the Wishes & Dishes Newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered every week to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook , Twitter , Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates!