Vanilla ice cream, brewed coffee and rich caramel sauce together in a creamy milkshake recipe topped with whipped cream and drizzled with more caramel.
Welcome Wishes and Dishes readers to Ice Cream Week 2014 (yes, a week full of nothing but ice cream recipes) hosted by Kim from Cravings of a Lunatic and Susan of The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen. I teamed up with 25 amazing bloggers to bring you tempting ice cream treats all the live long
day week. So, bust out the stretchy yoga pants (which is my “uze” anyways) and celebrate Ice Cream Week.
When it gets hot during the summer, I like my coffee either over ice or in some cold, decadent treat like this creamy coffee milkshake. Actually, I prefer cold coffee drinks to hot at ANY time of the year, even in our 6 months of winter that we have here in Rochester. Call me crazy – hot coffee has just never done it for me, but I am a firm believer that caramel and ice cream make anything and everything better.
To make this milkshake, all you need are a few minutes, your blender and this easy-as-pie recipe. You won’t even want to buy a blended coffee drink at the store again after tasting this…it’s your dessert and coffee fix all rolled in one. Welcome to milkshake heaven.
Our sponsors for this ice cream week event have provided us with fantastic prizes. Many thanks to Cake Boss, Anolon, Microplane, WÜSTHOF, Page Street Publishing and Quarry Spoon. Kim and Susan have also tossed in a bonus prize of a Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker because they think everyone should own one! I own one myself and, after this week, learned that I can NOT live without it.
Prizes up for grabs are as follows (one VERY lucky winner takes ALL!) The giveaway is open to U.S. and Canada and closes at midnight on 8/31:
- Cuisinart Ice Cream Machine in White
- Cake Boss Mechanical Ice Cream Scoop with Red Silicone grips
- Cake Boss 4Pc Ice Cream Bowl Set, Icing Pattern
- Anolon Advanced Bronze 2 Qt Covered Straining Saucepan with Pour Spout
- Microplane Herb and Salad Chopper
- Microplane Premium Classic Grater in White
- WUSTHOF CLASSIC 9-inch Double Serrated Bread Knife
- Copy of the Cookbook Making Artisan Gelato by Torrance Kopfer
- Copy of the Cookbook Everything Goes with Ice Cream by Koralee Teichroeb
- Copy of the Cookbook Vegan Scoop by Wheeler del Torro
- Copy of the Cookbook The Great Vegan Bean Book by Kathy Hester
- Copy of the Cookbook Eat More Dessert by Jenny Kellar
- Copy of the Cookbook The Perfect Scoop by David Lebovitz
- Copy of the Cookbook Scoop Adventures by Lindsay Clendaniel
We’re all thrilled to have the special guest join us for the week: Lindsay Clendaniel of the blog Scoop Adventures. She is the author of Scoop Adventures which is packed full of ice cream goodness.
Be sure to check out today’s Ice Cream Week Participants and see what they came up with. Try not to drool too much:
- Pink Lemonade Ice Cream Pie by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Caramel Ice Cream Pie by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Peppermint Fleck Ice Cream by Scoop Adventures
- Raspberry Lemonade Ice Cream Pie by The Redhead Baker
- Coffee Ice Cream by Cookistry
- Salted Caramel Ice Cream by Life Tastes Good
- Salted Caramel Peanut Butter Buster Bars by The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Cherry Cheesecake Ice Cream by Hezzi-d’s Books and Cooks
- “Fried” Ice Cream Pie by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Mint Chip Ice Cream by Crumb
- S’mores Ice Cream Pie by Love and Confections
- How to Make an Ice Cream Pie at Home by Farm Fresh Feasts
- Gluten Free Sandwich Cookie Ice Cream Pie by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Fudge Topped Chocolate Ice Cream Pie by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Salted Caramel Ice Cream Pie by The Spiffy Cookie
- Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Pie by The Messy Baker
- Majarete (Dominican Corn Pudding) Ice Cream by Mind Over Batter
- Peanut Butter Crunch Ice Cream Cake by The Gunny Sack
- Dirty Girl Scout Ice Cream by Quarter Life (Crisis) Cuisine
- No Churn Low Carb Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream by Yours and Mine are Ours
- Other Blogs participating later this week:
- My Catholic Kitchen
- Noshing with the Nolands
- Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Mother Would Know
Recipe source: slightly adapted from simplystacie.net- Craving more? Sign up for the Wishes & Dishes Newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered every week to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook , Twitter , Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates!