Toffee Apple Dip
Toffee Apple Dip has all the flavors of fall for a perfect party dessert recipe!
Well, it’s October already! The days are starting to get much shorter, the nights are getting longer, and the air is getting crisper. I drove down the roads this week near where I live and realized that the trees weren’t quite as green and there were some leaves blowing across the road. That’s when it hit me that summer is really gone. I’m hoping for an Indian Summer! We normally get one in October or November so I’m keeping my fingers crossed for one more week of summer weather before the snow flies. Yes, I went there (said the “S” word). Either way, it won’t stop me from wearing flip-flops when I shouldn’t be wearing flip flops (basically until the snow covers the ground). There is just something really nice about wearing sandals when you shouldn’t be wearing sandals.
This Toffee Apple Dip dip takes two minutes to make and I must say, it is really good. It would be an excellent idea to make for a potluck or buffet…or when some family comes to visit you from out of town, which is what I did 🙂 I really liked the flavor the cream cheese has with the brown sugar mixed in. I think I will make this a new fall tradition since it is a great way to enjoy your favorite apples anytime. You can also just eat it with a spoon – no apples required!
- 1 package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar (I used dark)
- ½ cup English toffee bits
- 6-7 cored and sliced apples for dipping (tossed with a little lemon or pineapple juice to prevent browning). You can also use pretzels!
- In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese and brown sugar until well combined. Stir in the toffee bits. Serve with sliced apples. Store the dip covered in the refrigerator until ready to serve. I topped it with some extra toffee bits.
Recipe Source: adapted from melskitchencafe.com