Thai Chicken Quinoa Bowl
Easy Thai Chicken Quinoa Bowl recipe is gluten free, healthy, and light Thai dinner or lunch recipe that comes together in less than 20 minutes!
After that delicious, yet sinful Monster Cookie Dough Dip earlier this week, I figured I’d make an attempt at giving you a healthy recipe today.
Thai flavors are my absolute favorite flavors to cook meals with because every dish is a huge flavor EXPLOSION. I make Thai dishes any chance I get and my Thai Chicken Quesadillas are my favorite to date.
The colors in this Thai Chicken Quinoa Bowl dish are gorgeous and it is healthy, delicious and packed with amazing flavor. My hubby and I both devoured it in no time. The sauce is so good that I was eating it with a spoon before even adding it to the quinoa!
I used my food processor to chop the carrots, edamame, green onion, and cashews into small pieces so that they mixed easily with the quinoa and saved me a lot of time. I served this Thai Chicken Quinoa Bowl with these Crispy Baked Pork Spring Rolls. Enjoy!
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- ⅓ cup chopped carrots
- ⅓ cup shelled edamame, optional
- ⅓ cup chopped green onions
- ¼ cup chopped peanuts
- ¼ cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canned coconut milk
- ½ tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon creamy peanut butter, melted
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ lime, juice
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
- Prepare quinoa according to directions, which will most likely call for 1 cup of liquid. I used low-sodium chicken stock.
- While quinoa is cooking, combine all of the sauce ingredients together in a bowl and whisk well to combine. Once quinoa has absorbed all of the liquid, stir in the sauce and toss well to coat. Add in chicken, carrots, edamame and green onions; stir to combine. Season with a little salt and pepper. Toss in half of the peanuts and cilantro, then serve in a large bowl. Top with remaining peanuts and cilantro. Serve with soup, salad, sandwich or any other side dish!
Recipe source: adapted from howsweeteats.com