Pink Lemonade Margarita
Pink Lemonade Margarita drink recipe is a perfectly fresh and fun cocktail for summer or to make any Mexican meal even better!
Sitting here listening to Spotify in the sunshine and sipping on a Pink Lemonade Margarita while typing on my laptop….ahhhhh summer. Would you judge me greatly if I told you the playlist that I’m currently rocking out to? “90’s Smash Hits”, my friends.
Yes, I’m stuck in the 90’s (hello, Ace of Base!) I may have even very impulsively bought tickets to the Goo Goo Dolls concert later this month because I saw a Groupon for it and couldn’t resist.
The reaction from Mr. Wishes when I told him? “You do know that’s my birthday weekend, right?” Oops! I guess I get to go to a concert of my #1 favorite band of all time for Mr. Wishes birthday! Goo Goo Dolls were my first ever concert and I’m just trying to re-live the fun.
I’m so glad you’re here! Follow along on Pinterest for more inspiration!
I made a Sangria Punch last month that got me in a pink lemonade kind of mood. That was a kid-friendly drink and I wanted to try out an adult version. This right here, people – summer drink perfection.
Everyone loves a good Margarita on a hot summer day! It would also be super appropriate for any party or holiday that needs a little splash of pink (think Valentine’s day or baby shower).
Fun drinks know no season. It would also be a great accompaniment to your next Mexican food night. If you’re looking for another unique drink for a party make sure you try my new Red Wine Slushies! Hope you enjoy these as much as I did!
- 2 cups pink lemonade (prepared, not the powder)
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup triple sec
- 1 cup premium silver tequila (I used Patron)
- splash or orange juice
- Lime wedges for garnish
- Salt for the rims, optional
- Combine the first five ingredients in a large pitcher and stir.
- When ready to serve, put ¼ of the mix and ice in a shaker and shake for 30 seconds (you are shaking each individual drink separately).
- Serve over ice in a glass rimmed with salt or sugar and garnish with a lime wheel/wedge. Enjoy responsibly!
Recipe source: adapted from the2seasons.com