Pasta with Peas, Smoked Almonds and Dill
Pasta with Peas, Smoked Almonds and Dill recipe is a great make-ahead side dish for barbeques, picnics or an easy vegetarian main course. Perfect for 4th of July!
Happy Friday! I have a new recipe idea to share with you today that will be your new favorite summer pasta salad. This pasta with peas dish would be great paired with any main course but can also be an easy vegetarian dinner all by it’s lonesome. I think it is perfect on a night you’re grilling out….because pasta salads like this just belong next to some juicy burgers or BBQ ribs. That’s a fact. Pasta salads are one of those foods that are actually best when made ahead and I love that about them. Anytime I can make something ahead of time and be able to concentrate on the other dishes closer to dinner time is alright by me!
I served this alongside some chicken pesto kabobs (recipe coming soon!) Have a wonderful weekend 🙂
- 16 oz. small dry pasta (ditalini, macaroni)
- 10 oz. fresh or frozen sweet peas
- ¼ cup fresh chopped dill
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup chopped smoked or roasted almonds
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 5 Tb. olive oil
- 2 Tb. dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- Cooking the pasta according to the instructions on the package. Two minutes before it's ready, add the peas to the boiling water.
- Once the peas have warmed through, drain the pasta and peas.
- Pour the pasta with peas into a large bowl and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, whisk the lemon juice, lemon zest, mustard, and oil together in a small bowl. Add ½ tsp. salt and ¼ tsp. pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the pasta and mix well.
- Add the dill and green onions and toss.
- When ready to serve, mix in the almonds or sprinkle them on top (if you prefer them really crunchy).
Recipe source: aspicyperspective.com
YUM. Love the sound of this… definitely going to try this summer!
This sounds SUPER delicious and SO perfect for Summer! I love me some peas 🙂
What a great and easy meal!
Love peas in my pasta! It just screams spring/summer!
Pasta salads made with ditalini are my favorite. Love the flavors in you salad.
I love those little tube shaped noodles. They are perfect for pasta salads. This salad sounds really great and I love the smoked almonds. I could eat those by the handful(s) 😀
What a perfect summer side dish!
Love this Ashley! Perfect because I have peas ready to harvest in my garden!
Sounds so delicious. Love the addition of the almonds too!
This is the perfect pasta salad for a BBQ!
This looks like a great pasta salad for summer barbecues, Ashley! I’ve been buying a lot of fresh peas lately and this would be perfect for them!
We always enjoy a good pasta salad. Perfect thing to pair with just about any grilled entree.
I must say, orchiette pasta is my favorite!!
I can’t get enough pasta salad!!! This is a great recipe, thanks!
I love the addition of smoked almonds!
this pasta looks good and filling!
I love pasta salad during the summer! And I really like all that fresh dill you have here – I always seem to forget about dill!
Pingback: Weekly Meal Plans #1 | theBitterSideofSweet
This looks like such a delicious vegetarian pasta dishes! Love the use of peas and almonds!
SO obsessed with fresh peas and dill! I’m putting dill in a chickpea salad tonight!
I love smoked almonds and never think of adding them to pasta salad. This looks delicious!