Mini Egg Rice Krispie Treats
Mini Egg Rice Krispie Treats are a deliciously addictive dessert recipe for Easter! They’re super easy and fun to make with kids. The perfect Easter treat!
Why yes, I am making Mini Egg Rice Krispie Treats today for Easter!
Fun, easy Easter treats is the name of the game today. I’m going to go ahead and put on my slightly wonky, embarrassed emoji face. Because we’re totally doing this today.
Easter Recipes are so fun to make with the whole family, whether it’s your own children, grand children, nieces and nephews, neighbors, or friends. Sorry for the run-on sentence! We love making my Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs together.
With everything going on in our world right now and how crazy everything has gotten, I figured a little throwback, simple, trashed up rice krispie treat would do the trick for Easter. The retro vibe that rice krispie treats give off is giving me all the feels for one of everyone’s favorite childhood treats.
Make sure you try these Mini Egg Rice Krispie Treats for Easter! If you want to make a totally fun, super embarrassingly easy treat at home, I’ve totally got you. We all need a little nostalgia right now, am I right?! It’s just as festive for Easter as any cake, pie or cupcake. Plus, it’s no-bake, and there’s no need to heat the oven up if you live in a warmer climate.
And these are totally health food because they have the word “rice” in them. Hello health food, I love you.
Even if you (GASP) have never been a Rice Krispie person (like my mom doesn’t like marshmallows), these are so sophisticated and I just know you wouldn’t be able to resist one. Lovely and adorable. Yay for fancy rice krispie treats! SLAAAAYYYY!
Tips on keeping your Rice Krispie treats soft:
- Don’t ever put them in the refrigerator. This will make them hard, crunchy, and suck a lot of the moisture out of them.
- Keep the Rice Krispies Treats in an airtight container to keep them fresh longer than a day!
If you’re looking for other Easter dessert recipes that are easy to make, hit these desserts up:
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 10 cups mini marshmallows
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 8 cups of Rice Krispies cereal
- 2 cups of Cabury mini eggs (some crushed, some left whole)
- In a large microwaveable bowl, heat butter and marshmallows on high for about 3 minutes. Stir after 2 minutes, add an additional minute if needed to make the mixture smooth, melty and sinful.
- Prepare your Cadbury mini eggs. You may chop them up or keep them whole. I kept about half a dozen whole and chopped up the rest.
- Once the marshmallow mixture is smooth, add vanilla and mini eggs. The mini eggs will mostly melt, so if you want to keep a few pieces more solid, set some aside for sprinkling or wait a few minutes to let the marshmallow mixture cool before adding the mini eggs.
- Add the Rice Krispies cereal and stir until well-incorporated.
- Press the mixture into a greased 9×13 pan. I have found spraying the bottom of a 1 cup measuring cup is the easiest way to flatten rice krispies into the pan.
- If you saved some mini eggs for sprinkling, sprinkle them now and gently press them into the pan.
- Let the mixture harden and then cut into squares! These are best served the same day and fresh. Enjoy!