Ice Cream Cannoli Cones
Ice Cream Cannoli Cones recipe is an adorable twist on the classic Italian dessert recipe! The cannoli cream is super easy to make with just 5 ingredients!
These Ice Cream Cannoli Cones are as close to the best end-of-summer treat as it gets. It is not actually ice cream, they just look like ice cream, so these would be perfect all autumn/fall long or even for the holidays! There is a creamy texture to these cones that is bursting with flavor and easy to do.
I could see these with some holiday sprinkles for Christmas. They really are great for a birthday party, holiday (Christmas/Valentines/Thanksgiving/National Cannoli Day), work party, summer cookout (just keep the filling nice and cold, obviously), anniversary party, baby or bridal shower, or just any day you’re craving something sweet. These Pumpkin Spice Latte Ice Cream Stuffed Cannoli are also great for a fall version.
Ice Cream Cannoli Cones are a fun shortcut twist on the traditional cannoli which are quite time-consuming to make. I love my cannoli recipes. They really are a perfectly satisfying treat that everyone will love and they’re so easy to make. They really are perfect for any occasion and you can’t beat only needing 5 ingredients to complete these!
If you’ve been following my blog for a few years or more, then by now you’ve probably figured out I’m obsessed with cannoli. It is one of the world’s best desserts! Since I am all about taking the easy way out, I decided to fill ice cream waffle cones with the cannoli cream instead of going to all the trouble of making actually cannoli shells. Baking up cannoli shells would require me to fry stuff and we all know I’m terrified of frying all the things. Hot oil splattering everywhere is not my cup of tea.
Feel free to add extra chocolate chips to the tops when these are done. You can even get creative and add chopped pistachios, raspberries, etc.. These are a fun treat that people of all ages will totally enjoy, that is for sure. Who could resist these?! Not me.
You will also love my Easy Cannoli Dip. These Ice Cream Cannoli Cones are one of those things that are perfect for any, and I mean ANY, occasion.
Tips for making these Ice Cream Cannoli Cones vegan:
Optional Vegan Ricotta:
3 (32-ounce containers of soy milk (soy and water only)
7 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar or lemon juice (less after taste)
Using an electric mixer or a large mixing bowl, add the ricotta cheese, sugar, orange zest, and vanilla extract. Mix well to make sure sugar is thoroughly mixed.
Fold in the chocolate chips and mix using a spatula or spoon. Cover and set aside.
Take the remaining 5 tablespoons of chocolate chips and melt by placing in a microwave for 30 seconds at a time and then stirring after each time.
Ice Cream Cannoli Cones
- 24 Ounces ricotta cheese
- 12 Tablespoons chocolate chips 6 tablespoons for ricotta and 6 tablespoons for the cones (melted in the bottom of cone and rim of cone
- 1/2 Cup raw cane sugar or regular sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- Zest of ½-1 orange
Optional Vegan Ricotta
- 3 (32-ounce containers of soy milk (soy and water only)
- 7 tbsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- Using an electric mixer or a large mixing bowl and spoon, add the ricotta cheese, sugar, orange zest, and vanilla extract. Mix well to make sure sugar is thoroughly mixed.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and mix together using a spatula or spoon. Cover and set aside.
- Take the remaining 6 tablespoons of chocolate chips and melt by placing in a microwave for 30 seconds at a time and then stirring after each time.
- Take each cone and dip it in the melted chocolate to coat the rim.
- Fill each ice cream cone bottom with melted chocolate (like the Nutty Buddy cones you buy at the store).
- There are two methods to fill each of the cones with cannoli. One method is to use an ice cream scoop. Fill the cone with cannoli using the scooper or a spoon and then use the ice cream scooper for the very top layer to get that ice cream cone look. The second method is to use a frosting piping bag and fill it using your favorite piping tip.
- Place extra chocolate chips on top. (optional, but makes them look much better)
- For presentation you can use an ice cream cone holder or glasses filled with chocolate chips (or rice, or coffee beans) or two in a glass.
Instructions for the vegan ricotta
- Take the three 32-ounce containers of plain soy milk and place in a large pot.
- Bring soy milk to almost a boil and remove from the heat
- Add the vinegar or the lemon juice and stir well then let sit for at least 10 minutes or longer to curdle (you can place in refrigerator for a few hours or even better - overnight to get the maximum curdle).
- Using a large pot place with a colander in it and place a cheesecloth or thin linen inside the colander. Pour the curdled soy mixture into the cheese cloth slowly until empty.
- Optional: Place a dish on top of the cheese cloth to help squeeze out all of the liquid.
- Let the liquid drain for at least an hour (or place in the refrigerator overnight).
- Squeeze out remaining liquid from cheese cloth and remove the pulp and place in a separate bowl.
- Use desired amount of “vegan ricotta” for the cannoli (24 ounces) and place the remaining amount in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days.
FAQ’s:Can I add other flavors? Yes, use the ricotta as a base and go from there. Cocoa, and vanilla work very well but any flavor can be added to make these taste great. Can I lay them flat instead of upright? Yes, the cannoli filling should be thick enough to lay on the side and still be intact.