Creamy Beef and Shells
Creamy Beef and Shells is the ultimate creamy pasta recipe! It is incredibly rich, filling, and screams comfort food!
YOU GUYS. We must discuss this Creamy Beef and Shells pasta. It’s delicious. Unreal.
This Creamy Beef and Shells was only one of my three cravings during my pregnancy with Eliza after I made it for the first time. I ate this and my Sloppy Joe Macaroni and Cheese more times than I would like to admit. My other two craving were guacamole and anything citrus. People kept saying they wouldn’t be shocked if Eliza came out green.
I ate so much guacamole I sometimes thought to myself, “What is wrong with me?!” Besides nothing, because guacamole is absolutely amazing. To no surprise, she likes “wocka-holy”. I also pounded orange juice like I was dying of thirst in the Sahara dessert.
So I was watching Sesame Street today (mom life) and I learned something very interesting. Yes, I’m lame. Big Bird taught me what the largest dessert in the world is. Can you guess what is is? I sound like Big Bird now.
The largest dessert in the world is actually Antarctica! Big Bird taught me that even though it’s cold there, to qualify as a dessert, all it needs to be is land without trees and water and Antarctica has neither. Hard to believe!
Anyhoo, this Creamy Beef and Shells recipe is truly the ultimate comfort food. I adore it. There’s something about beef and noodles together that I’m a total sucker for (hello, One Pot Cheesy Tortellini Skillet.)
This dish doesn’t take very long to make and it’s super flavorful. It reminds me a little of my One Pot Chili Mac and Cheese as far as flavors go. You really can’t go wrong with this meal! It will make all your fall dreams come true. I can’t believe I just said that. Fall, you are NOT welcome here.
Creamy Beef and Shells
- 8 ounces medium pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1.5 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add ground beef and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; drain excess fat. Set aside.
- Add onion to the skillet, and cook, stirring frequently, until translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and Italian seasoning until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in beef stock and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced and slightly thickened, about 6-8 minutes.
- Stir in pasta, beef and heavy cream until heated through, about 1-2 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stir in cheese until melted, about 2 minutes. Serve immediately.