Chicken Stuffed Crescent Rolls
Chicken Stuffed Crescent Rolls are soft crescent wraps with a creamy chicken filling inside – an easy weeknight meal for families who are always on the go! Kids will absolutely love these.
Well, I survived the frozen tundra of negative 30 degree wind chills this weekend. Barely, but I survived. Mother nature decided to not only throw negative temperatures at us, but also tons of snow, which forced everybody to be outside and shoveling snow in the extreme cold. Oh, winter. I was watching a golf tournament on TV Saturday (yes, that’s what happens when it’s too cold to go outside, you’re bored, and you don’t have cable television…) and they were torturing me with these gorgeous shots of Pebble beach in California. I’ve never been there, but it looked like the most perfect paradise. After enviously staring at it on TV throughout that afternoon I decided that’s where I want to go next on vacation. I even looked up how much flights were to go there that very same day to escape the cold. It turns out that it’s not cheap to buy flights the same day you want to actually fly somewhere. Besides the fact that it was totally unrealistic to pack up and leave so spontaneously. Haha! But now my mind is consumed with thoughts of sunshine, warmth…….. and Pebble Beach, California.
Chicken Stuffed Crescent Rolls….tender crescents wrapped around a chicken mixture to make for a hot sandwich/pocket of goodness and quickest dinner idea ever. You can make these with chicken or even leftover turkey. They are so savory and delicious and cook up in no time at all. Make these comforting chicken “pillows”…and stay warm while you’re at it.
- 4 cup cooked, shredded chicken (Rotisserie chicken is easiest)
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- 4 Tbsp butter, softened
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ cup milk
- Tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 1 Tbsp diced onion
- 2 package Pillsbury crescent rolls
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- homemade gravy or jar of chicken gravy, warmed
- Mix chicken, cream cheese, butter, spices, milk and onion in bowl.
- Unroll crescents and using two crescent rolls at a time (form a rectangle, firmly press perforations to seal) fill with chicken mixture. Pull 4 corners of dough to center and pinch up the corners to seal. This should make 8 packets. Brush with melted butter.
- Bake at 375 for about 15-20 minutes or until crescents are golden brown. Serve with warmed gravy (optional).