Caramel Apple Snickers Salad
Caramel Apple Snickers Salad is a delicious side dish recipe with crunchy green apples, whipped topping, and Snickers candy bars as the main ingredients! Perfect for holidays and potlucks!
This delicious snicker apple salad can be made in merely minutes and is the perfect side dish for any gathering for the holidays. It may sound weird, but just trust me!
I am currently enjoying at 76 degree October fall day and savoring these last random warm days we receive here in Rochester, NY. During this time of year it is hard to take a single one for granted!
I don’t even remember where I first tasted an Apples Snickers salad recipe, but I think it was at a random party or potluck somewhere. All I can tell you and all you need to know it that it will always a big hit with the kids and the adults, as well!
Whether this Apple Snickers Salad Recipe is actually a salad or a dessert is entirely up to you. No matter which choice you make, it is delicious and soooo easy to prepare.
If you’re looking for a quick and easy vintage and old-fashioned recipe for your next potluck or party, this Apple Snickers Salad is for you! It’s made with our beloved Snicker’s bars, Granny Smith apples and whipped topping. It’s definitely not your average salad. This bad toy is tart, sweet, salty, and it always gets gobbled up fast!
This recipe is made with Snickers because it’s honestly best that way. It doesn’t necessarily NEED to contain snickers. It’s actually super adaptable to use whatever candy you have on hand. You can even mix different kinds of candy that you may have left over from Halloween trick-or-treating. Some other delicious candy bar options are the following:
- Milky Way
- Baby Ruth
Tart apples work best for this recipe so I used Granny Smith apples. I highly recommend sticking to that type of apple if possible! That being said, they can easily be swapped for your favorite apple variety as long as it’s on the crispy side and possibly somewhat tart. You can even combine apples if you’re feeling fancy! Sometimes, I even add a little cinnamon for extra flavor, but this is totally optional.
Whatever way you choose to go about this, Caramel Apple Snickers Salad is one of those desserts that’s no-so-cleverly disguised as a salad. Or maybe it’s the other way around?!
Caramel Apple Snickers Salad
- 1 small box 3.4 oz butterscotch pudding ** see notes
- ½ cup milk
- 1 container 8 oz whipped topping, thawed
- 4 large green apples Granny Smith is best, chopped
- 5 full size Snickers candy bars 4 for salad + 1 for garnishing
- Homemade or store bought caramel optional
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the pudding and milk until smooth
- Place in refrigerator to set for about 10-15 minutes
- While pudding is chilling, cut up your apples
- Remove pudding from refrigerator and fold in whipped topping
- Chop Snickers candy bars (or whatever kind you're using)
- Fold apple and candy bars into mixture until well combined
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour before serving
- Store leftovers in airtight container in refrigerator for up to 24 hours