Buffalo Chicken Sausage Macaroni & Cheese
Buffalo Chicken Sausage Macaroni & Cheese recipe is all the flavors of Buffalo chicken and macaroni and cheese combined in one tasty, comforting dish with a slight kick to it!
Including this new Buffalo Chicken Sausage Macaroni & Cheese recipe, I probably have more macaroni and cheese recipes on Wishes and Dishes than other other type of food. I have a serious problem (if you can really call that a problem)! It never ever EVER gets boring, but I do like to find new and exciting ways to prepare it. What can I say, my inner 5 year old can’t help myself when it comes to my favorite childhood comfort foods.
You can also get more great recipe ideas and purchase Zweigle’s products online (if you don’t have them available to you locally) by heading on over to Zweigles.com. Happy cooking!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb medium shells pasta
- 3 chicken sausages, sliced (I used Zweigle's Buffalo style)
- 4 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 + ½ cup whole milk
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, plus ½ cup extra for topping
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ⅓ cup Buffalo wing sauce
- ½ cup Panko bread crumbs
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ranch or blue cheese dressing to serve it with (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking.
- Brown the chicken sausage slices a bit on both sides. Set aside.
- Cook pasta to al dente according to package directions and drain.
- While the pasta and chicken sausage are cooking, heat saucepan over medium heat and add butter until melted.
- Add the flour once the butter is melted.
- Whisk the flour and butter together and continue to cook for about 1-2 minutes until golden, whisking continuously.
- Slowly add the milk and turn the heat down low. Stir frequently until the the sauce thickens and then add in the cheeses.
- Stir until mixture is smooth and cheese is completely melted.
- Add Buffalo wing sauce.
- In a lightly greased 9X13 baking dish add the pasta and chicken sausage.
- Mix together well so that the chicken is evenly distributed.
- Pour cheese sauce over the top and make sure to coat the pasta evenly.
- Sprinkle with Panko bread crumbs and the extra ½ cup of cheese.
- Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes.
- Let rest 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with a side of ranch or blue cheese dressing, if desired. Enjoy!
Disclaimer: Thank you Zweigles for sponsoring this conversation. All opinions remain 100% my own, as always.
Recipe source: inspired from topnotchmom.com