Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Cookies
Get fresh bakery style chocolate chip cookies right at home with this quick and easy recipe. This is the best ever thick, gooey chocolate chip cookie recipe and will become your new favorite!
FYI: I’m STILL juicing and very proud of myself. I’ve made it almost the full three days (which seemed like 2 weeks) and can finally eat to my heart’s content tomorrow. It will be a glorious moment, indeed. That being said, looking at these cookies right now is torture.
The first time I ever baked these cookies my life changed forever. Drama queen much? No. I mean, yes…..kind of, but these really were the best chocolate chip cookies I have ever eaten in my entire life. I can’t say enough good things about these bad boys. I have forever been on the hunt for the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe and I have two now that I’ve found and am never letting go (the other one is a chewy version and I will be sharing that soon, as well).
The bread flour is the component that causes these to rise so nicely and become perfectly thick. Crispy borders, soft chewy insides, and chocolate in every bite. These cookies are just buttery gorgeousness and perfect. There is nothing quite like a massive, chewy, homemade cookie! Now get off your butt and bake 🙂
- 3 cups bread flour (use this method to measure accurately)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cold and cut into cubes
- ¾ cup + 4 teaspoons (6 ounces) light or dark brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, cold, lightly beaten in a separate bowl
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups dark chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter on medium speed until it comes together in one cohesive mass, about 1 minute. Add both sugars and continue to beat for another 1 to 2 minutes, until all of the sugar has been incorporated into the butter. Gradually add the eggs and vanilla and continue beating on medium speed until mixed, scraping the sides of bowl once (the batter will appear lumpy). Reduce the speed to medium-low and gradually add the flour mixture until just a little bit of flour still remains. Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts with a rubber spatula.
- Divide the dough into 12 even pieces, just grabbing it by the handful and roughly shaping it into a ball (it should not be smooth). Place them (evenly spaced) on the prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Bake for 18 to 24 minutes, or until light golden brown on top. Let cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet, then remove to a wire rack to finish cooling. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
Recipe source: browneyedbaker.com
Giant chocolate chip cookies sounds absolutely perfect 😀
Choc Chip Uru
These look perfect!! I want a half dozen right now!
Awww thanks, Rebecca!
These cookies?? MAMA!! I want about 14.
That’s how many I probably ate in one sitting 😉
I am always on the hunt for another perfect chocolate chip cookie. This definitely looks like a winner!
Nothing beats the classic chocolate chip cookie! You must have outstanding willpower to not eat the whole batch! I know I would! That’s why I send off baked goods with my husband to share at work to avoid temptation! lol
I could eat a plate of them right now! They look delicious!
It doesn’t get any better than a thick, delicious chocolate chip cookie, and these look perfect!
I will take all the chocolate chip cookies, please and thank you! Also good for you for writing this while on a juice cleanse. I don’t have that will power.
YEEEEES-these look like my kind of cookies!!!
Chocolate chips are my kryptonite!
Wow! I can’t wait to try your recipe using bread flour.
I cannot imagine juicing and looking at these pictures!! haha that must be torture!!
These look amazing – I’ve never used bread flour in cookies before. Must try that!
I love how you made this with bread flour – brilliant!
Yum! I love love love chocolate chip cookies.
Big fat cookies are just how love them 😀
Choc Chip Uru
One of The Husband’s favorite things is chocolate chip cookies – so he’s going to love these!
Pingback: Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies | Wishes and Dishes
Hi, thank you for the recipe and I can wait to make these. In the recipe #3, it says add chocolate chips and nuts but there was no mention of nuts in in the ingredients. Are you referring to walnuts? Thx
No nuts were added! Sorry for that typo!
Can I use all -purpose flour instead&how much
Can I use all-purpose flour instead&how much
Sure. They just may not be as thick.
I just started taking up baking a hobby since I had my son last June, and my first attempts were cookies, I used various versions online up until I found this one, because this one is THE best. I’ve done a couple variations of it, from simple chocolate chip, double chocolate, to white chocolate & orange cranberry. Thank you so much for this recipe, these are everything I’d ever hoped to bake in a cookie!
Your video show to use CAKE flour and REGULAR flour, but your recipe only uses BREAD flour???? I’m confused!!
use bread flour for this recipe
Can you use self riding flour?
Is it just your preference, or do you have to use the dark chocolate chips. Dark chocolate is just too bitter for me
You can use any chocolate chips you want!
So every pan of cookies needs to go into the refrigerator for 30 minutes then bake ?
Yes, that would give you the best results
Your video indicated cornstrach and combined all-purpuse flour and bread flour; however, the recipe does not call for cornstarch or all-purpose flour. Also , the oven temperature in the video said 410F, which was odd to me. Has there been an update to your recipe? Was that an incorrect video? There seems to be mutiple videos of different recipes presented so maye I just missed the one for this particular recipe.
The recipe is correct! The written one! Sorry about that!