This pretty Tequila Sunrise drink with layers of orange juice and grenadine is delicious on a hot summer day and great for Cinco de Mayo!
The first time I had a Tequila Sunrise drink was in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic many, many years ago and I absolutely loved it – there’s just something about the pretty colors in it that I thought was so fun. I like my food and drinks to be pretty colors, nothing wrong with that! I’m that girl who orders the hot pink bubblegum or the bright blue cotton candy ice cream when I go out just because it’s pretty looking and an appealing color #notnormal.
The classics just never go out of style and you’ll love this version of a Tequila Sunrise, especially on this lovely 5th of May, also known as Cinco de Mayo. It’s simple to make and, once again, has great colors. Enjoy and have a great week!
- 1.5 fluid ounce of tequila
- ¾ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- ice cubes
- ½ (1.5 fluid ounce) grenadine syrup
- 1 slice orange, for garnish, optional
- 1 maraschino cherry for garnish, optional
- Pour tequila in a highball glass that has been filled with ice, and top with orange juice. Stir.
- Add grenadine by tilting glass and SLOWLY pouring grenadine down side by flipping the bottle vertically very quickly.
- Allow it to settle to the bottom of the glass (be patient).
- Garnish with a slice of orange, and a maraschino cherry (optional).
- Do not stir.