White Cheddar Truffled Macaroni and Cheese
Comforting, creamy White Cheddar Truffled Macaroni and Cheese recipe that takes your mac & cheese dinner to a whole new level!
I make it my goal in life to try every macaroni and cheese recipe under the sun – one giant spoonful at a time. When I saw different ideas for truffled macaroni and cheese floating around the internet I knew I just HAD to try it for myself. Let’s just say I was a little heavy-handed when I was dishing out my portion of this White Cheddar Truffled Macaroni and Cheese….it is THAT good.
One of the things I love most about a classic macaroni and cheese lunch or dinner is that it’s hard to go wrong when combining melted, creamy cheese and pasta (two loves of my life). You won’t even miss the meat in this meal and neither will your family! By all means, definitely feel free to add some cooked chicken to this White Cheddar Truffled Macaroni and Cheese to make it more of a hearty meal.
You can use olive oil in place of the truffle oil, but I just feel the truffle oil gives a special intense earthy flavor that jazzes up an ordinary mac and cheese. Since you are using truffle salt, you really can get away with not using the truffle oil as this will also keep the cost of the dish down. You can serve this as a side dish for the holidays (oh, this would be super fancy to make for a Valentine’s Day dinner in) or just your average, every day dinner.
If this one doesn’t do it for you, be sure to check out my other favorite drool-worthy mac and cheese recipes on my blog:
Creamy Apple Butter Macaroni and Cheese
Creamy Crock pot Macaroni and Cheese
Margherita Macaroni and Cheese
- 1 lb. dry cavatappi pasta
- 16 oz extra sharp white cheddar cheese, freshly shredded
- 1 pint heavy cream
- ¾ teaspoon Truffle Salt, divided
- 1 cup Shiitake or Cremini mushrooms, stems removed and caps sliced ½-inch
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped small
- truffle oil (can use olive oil)
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large pot bring salted water to a boil and cook pasta according to directions on box.
- Drain the pasta and set aside.
- In a sauce pan, heat 1-2 tablespoons of the oil on medium heat. Add mushrooms and garlic.
- Halfway through cooking the mushrooms add ¼ teaspoon Truffle salt and stir. Continue to cook the mushrooms until they are done.
- In a saucepan, heat heavy cream over medium heat. As it is just starting to boil, add cheese and stir. Turn the heat down to low and stir until the cheese is completely melted.
- Add remaining ½ teaspoon of Truffle Sea Salt and stir.
- Next, mix in the pasta and the mushroom with the cheese sauce and stir until mixed thoroughly. Season with pepper to taste and stir. Serve hot.
Recipe source: adapted from myrecipes.com, foodnetwork.com and bigbearswife.com
Pasta and creamy cheese must be my some of my favourites too. It’s easy to throw together but always taste SO GOOD 🙂 🙂
Yummy!! Pasta and creamy cheese must be my some of my favourites too. It’s easy to throw together but always taste SO GOOD 🙂 🙂
This sounds super decadent with the truffle oil! Man, I can definitely taste it now. Gotta add this to my “must-make” list. Thanks, Ashley!
You are, without a doubt, the macaroni and cheese queen! Another winner here Ashley!
I love Mac and Cheese! This recipe seems great. Ill definitely try to use it.
It’s been far too long since I’ve had mac and cheese! This sounds fantastic with the mushrooms!
I love adding truffle oil to things…have you tried in on popcorn? This looks wonderful
I’ll bet that truffle salt and olive oil do a really nice job of punching up the flavor – sounds great!
“Truffle oil”….even better – nice!
I love mac ‘n cheese! So comforting, particularly at this time of the year. This is an outstanding recipe — so much flavor. Gotta try it — thanks!
Nothing is more comforting to my family then a big old dish of mac & cheese
this recipe is to die for!
mmmmmyumyummmmmmmmm I LOVE TRUFFLE OIL sooo this mac n cheese is amazinggg
Pingback: What's For Dinner - Week Starting 26 March 2016 - That's What She Read
<3 <3 <3 One of my favorites!