Strawberry Crunch Cookies
This recipe for Strawberry Crunch Cookies tastes exactly like those strawberry sundae crunch ice cream bars you ate as a kid! These cookies are perfect for Valentine’s Day and spring!
Remember those delicious strawberry ice cream crunch bars from when you were a kid that were covered in those amazing bits of strawberry crunchies? These Strawberry Crunch Cookies are covered in a homemade version of those same nostalgic crumbles. Ahhh, strawberry recipes from my childhood.
How is it going where you are? We have about half a million Buffalo Bills fans in mourning this week here in Rochester, NY. I’m not a huge football fan at ALL, but I did root for them to win that game Sunday. It would have been kind of cool to see them play in the Super Bowl!
I did have to say that it was cool to be told that the ONE game I watched all season I was told was the most exciting game in the history of football, possibly. Maybe I’m just good luck like that (or bad luck, depending on how Bills fans look at it).
If you are looking for one tasty strawberry dessert recipe, whip this up today and let me know how you like it. I LOVE these cookies. They are beautiful for a baby shower, Valentine’s Day, or a “just because” occasion. I think this color will be beautiful for Easter and spring. Strawberry desserts are just so pretty (hello, Strawberry & Rhubarb Crisp).
Anyone else have spring on the mind? I’m seeing stores already come out with their spring clothes and it’s getting me hopeful that this LONG January will soon be over. The snow is relentless over here! Although very pretty and cozy, I miss being anything but freezing 24/7. We are in a never-ending snowglobe.
I do like winter because it holds my favorite season of all time – Christmas season! Now that all the “fun” is over (Christmas, New Year, my birthday), I’m now looking forward to warmth and sunshine.
You can’t go wrong with this Strawberry Crunch Cookies recipe or my Strawberry Oatmeal Bars. It all comes together for a great and pretty dessert. These cookies are best when served within the first two days of being made. The softness that makes these cookies super enjoyable is what we’re going for here, so eating within a few days is ideal.
If the dough is too crumbly to come together add a tablespoon of water.
You can add pink food coloring to the cookie dough and the frosting for the perfect strawberry color.
Store these cookies in an airtight container for 3 days.
Make sure you check out my other Valentine’s Day recipes for some festive ideas!
Strawberry Crunch Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons seedless strawberry preserves or jam
- 2 sticks butter softened
- 6 cups powdered sugar
Strawberry Crunch Topping:
- 20 vanilla (golden) Oreos
- 1 3 ounce package strawberry Jello mix
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- In a large mixing bowl cream together the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy.
- With a mixer, beat in the egg, strawberry preserves and vanilla.
- Add in the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix until just combined. The dough will be crumbly.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal portions and form each portion into a ball. Just until it comes together.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake the cookies for 15-18 minutes on a baking sheet. You want the edges to just be golden brown, but the inside of the cookies to stay chewy.
- Cool 5 minutes and then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile make the buttercream for topping.
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer whip the butter until fluffy.
- Add in the powdered sugar and beat to combine.
- Add a splash of milk or coffee creamer if the buttercream is too thick.
- Spread the frosting carefully on the cookies.
- Next, make the strawberry crunch topping.
- In a large ziplock bag crush the oreos into crumbs.
- Add the oreo crumbs, jello mix and butter to a bowl and stir to combine.
- Press the strawberry crunch topping evenly all over the cookies.
- Serve and enjoy!