Pineapple Caribbean Slush
This refreshing blended drink recipe is the perfect way to cool down on a hot day! The fresh, summery flavors of this frozen Caribbean Slush are simply delicious.
I don’t even know where to begin with this. This kid-friendly summer drink is SO SO refreshing on a hot summer day and perfect to drink outside while laying in a lounge chair on the patio all afternoon (not that I know anything about that). Oh, the joys of being self-employed and working from home. If you love pineapple juice and lemonade, this is the perfect drink for you because you don’t have to choose between the two. It’s similar to the taste of a pina colada with the coconut and pineapple but the lemon flavor makes it even better and gives it this very unique flavor. This drinks makes me feel like I’m back on the cruise ship sitting poolside. And that is a GOOD place to be. There is just something about the magical flavors of pineapple and coconut that never fail to make me feel refreshed and relaxed.
These are alcohol free which makes them perfect for summer entertaining when you have people of all ages at your house. Of course, for a more adult version you could add some rum. Enjoy!
- 2 cups cold pineapple juice
- 1 cup cream of coconut (NOT coconut milk; Coco Lopez brand is found with the alcoholic mixers or International section.)
- 7 Tbsp Country Time Lemonade dry drink mix
- 2 frozen bananas (freeze bananas ahead of time without the peel)
- 4 cups ice
- 1 cup pineapple flavored coconut water (can use sparkling)
- Blend half of the first 5 ingredients until all the ice is pureed. Add half of the coconut water & blend again until just incorporated.
- Repeat with the remaining half of ingredients.
- Pour into cups & serve immediately.
Recipe source: adapted from Amber at dessertnowdinnerlater.com