Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Brownies
Dollops of peanut butter cookie dough mixture are spooned onto baked brownies and topped with creamy chocolate ganache. Meet your new favorite dessert in these Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Brownies!
Happy Wednesday to all! I’m not even going to waste any time and will transition right into some peanut butter chat. If I could eat one dessert for the rest of my life it would these Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Brownies. If you try just one recipe from my blog, it should be this one! Just saying…
If you’ve been a reader of this blog for any length of time at all, you’ve probably caught on to the fact that I LOVE the combination of chocolate and peanut butter. If you love these flavors together than there is no doubt in my mind what we would be the best of friends. Pay a visit to these Double Peanut Butter Molten Lava Cakes or these Chocolate Peanut Butter Parfaits – you won’t be sorry.
My new all time favorite brand of peanut butter is Peanut Butter & Co. Their delicious peanut butter flavors are made with all natural ingredients that you can actually pronounce and recognize, and it’s honestly some of the best peanut butter I’ve ever tasted. I have made addicts out of many of my family members already and I’ve only had it in the house for a couple of weeks. The best part is their variety of incredible flavors: White Chocolate Wonderful, Maple, Cinnamon Raisin Swirl, Dark Chocolate Dreams, and many others that I highly recommend you check out. You’re sure to find something you love!
With the abundance of peanut butter at my disposal, I chose to make these Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Brownies. Full disclosure: I am sure I can combine pretty much anything with Peanut Butter & Co. peanut butter and it’s instantly a million times better. People went absolutely berserk for these bad boys! They are very, very rich, and extremely delicious. All your peanut butter and chocolate cravings get satisfied all in one shot and it has the perfect balance of the two flavors. They are incredibly decadent and taste just as good as they look, if not better.
- Brownie Layer:
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 2 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Layer:
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter (I used Peanut Butter & Co.White Chocolate Wonderful)
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Ganache Layer:
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup peanut butter chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Spray the bottom and sides of an 8 by 8-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- For the brownies: microwave the butter and unsweetened chocolate in a microwavable bowl at high power until the butter is melted, about 2 minutes. Stir until combined, then mix in the vanilla extract. Meanwhile, beat the sugar and eggs in a large bowl and add in the chocolate mixture. Stir in the flour, baking powder, salt and chocolate chips. Spread the brownie mixture evenly into the prepared pan. Bake until the brownies are set and a toothpick inserted in the center of the brownies comes out clean, about 22 to 28 minutes (mine took the full 28 minutes). Remove from the oven and let cool for 30 minutes.
- For the peanut butter cookie dough: Add the butter and brown sugar to a large bowl and mix until creamy. Mix in the milk and the peanut butter, then stir in the flour and salt. Spread the peanut butter cookie dough evenly over the cooled brownies.
- To make the ganache: In a small microwavable bowl, microwave the dark chocolate chips and heavy whipping cream, uncovered, on high for 1 minute, stirring after 30 seconds. Continue stirring until the chips are melted and the mixture is smooth. Spread the ganache over the peanut butter layer and sprinkle with the peanut butter chips. Refrigerate until the dough and ganache are set, about 1 hour. Cut into squares and serve.
Recipe source: adapted from foodnetwork.com
Oh my word how funny is that, I´m currently planning a post with the same ingredients i.e peanut butter cookie dough 🙂 Love these brownies! Love anything with peanut butter 🙂
ps. going to check out the peanut butter molten lava cake – sounds amazing!
ਇਸ ਲਈ ਚੰਗਾ ਦਿਸਦਾ ਹੈ, ਜੋ ਕਿ ਮੇਰੇ ਭਲਾਈ ਦਾ oh!
I’ve made these before! buuut oooooh Pb & Co totally takes it to the next level!
Yeah, I’m such a sucker for anything chocolate/peanut butter related, too. This looks over-the-top, however! What a wonderful recipe — you’ve outdone yourself! Thanks so much.
Oh have mercy!!!!
These look ridiculously mouthwatering!
Do you think they travel well? I guess there’s only one way to find out…I will send you my address… 🙂
I’m pretty sure I could live on the white chocolate variety! So many flavor choices. The brownies are divine!
Chocolate and peanut butter really is the best combo! These brownies look outrageous! In a very good way 🙂
If my husband was reading this, he would have gone nuts. This is definitely something he’d ask me to make right away!
Oh my….these look outrageously good! Drooling!
I make some that are very similar to this and love them, but I never thought to sub in the White Chocolate Wonderful for the regular peanut butter. OMG! I’m sure that is amazing! Can’t wait to try!
You can’t go wrong with Peanut Butter & Co! These look ahhh-mazing.
I would eat the entire batch
Well, how do you do! So glad to meet you and I am going to eat you up!
I haven’t tried that peanut butter before, but will definitely be on the lookout for it. And I HAVE to make these brownies…amazing!
Gorgeous brownies, Ashley! Chocolate and peanut butter are certainly made for each other.
I never saw that flavor peanut butter before…great idea to add the white chocolate peanut butter. Totally decadent!
This recipe does look phenomenal! I love the 3 layers of chocolate and peanut butter!
Yes to peanut butter and cookie dough and brownies. This is one killer combo, that I won’t be able to stop eating if around it!
This is pretty much every PB and Chocolate lover’s fantasy – I love all the layers!
These would be so dangerous in my house! Want!
OMGOSH…you did *NOT* go there! I have never heard of Peanut Butter with Sweet White Chocolate, and now I am **SO** jealous, I am calling my local QFC and demanding they order it ASAP. I am a *HUGE* PB fan, and I can’t believe I don’t have that in my life. And to have all that goodness wrapped up into a brownie…this is so going down at my house! YUMMOS!
This is my favorite combination as well, chocolate and peanut butter! I could probably eat the whole pan!
I love peanut butter and PB&Co and I know I would love these bars. So many layers of goodness!
These brownies are the definition of amazing, Ashley! They look so fudgy and perfect!
Those layers are perfection. These brownies look like some of the best in the world! I’m dying over here 😉