Peanut Butter Blossoms
Peanut butter and chocolate come together in this perfect, classic Peanut Butter Blossoms recipe. They are so easy to make and a tradition for every Christmas holiday!
It’s that time of year again….Christmas is just a short time away! That means last minute shopping to do for the special people on your list, last minute preparations you need to make for your Christmas get togethers with your family, and last minute baking! Peanut Butter Blossoms have to be on your list this year.
I have a small confession to make and that is my love for Christmas baking. The rich foods Christmas brings are something I adore….but, mostly the baked goods. I think it’s probably pretty obvious by now that I absolutely love anything with the combination of chocolate and peanut butter. The super-rich flavor combination makes any dessert decadent.
Among my favorite Christmas-time cookies are the Peanut Butter Blossoms (or, as I’ve always referred to them, “those peanut butter cookies with Hershey’s Kisses on top”). I’d like to think of these as a fun and easy Christmas cookie. They show up every year, without fail, at every holiday party and on every cookie tray of mine. If there is anyone who tires of these cookies I’d love to find them and ask them why they are so crazy.
From my family to yours, I wish you the Merriest of Christmases and a New Year filled with prosperity. Now get off this computer, bake these cookies, and spend some time with your family! God bless!
“…Then the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people. For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.” ~ Luke 2:10-11
- About 48 HERSHEY'S KISSES Milk Chocolates
- ½ cup shortening
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- granulated sugar (to roll in)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Remove wrappers from chocolates and set aside.
- Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended and smooth.
- Add ⅓ cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat this into peanut butter mixture.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Roll in granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned (check at minimum baking time).
- Immediately press a Hershey Kiss into center of each cookie; cookie will crack around edges - this is normal.
- Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack to cool completely.
Peanut Butter Blossoms are always a hit! Merry Christmas to you and your family!
Merry Christmas to you, too!