No-Bake Buckeye Pretzel Bars
No-Bake Buckeye Pretzel Bars recipe is every peanut butter and chocolate lover’s dream! This sweet and salty treat doesn’t even require turning on your oven!
Chocolate and peanut butter….peanut butter and chocolate. No matter how you put it, I don’t anticipate any point in my future where I will be able to pass up that combination…ever. My candy of choice has always been either peanut butter cups or butterfingers, and one of my favorite holiday desserts has always been buckeyes. Buckeyes are those awesome peanut butter balls dipped in chocolate that always seem to make it on to every dessert table at Christmas time. These No-Bake Buckeye Pretzel Bars taste just like them with added salty pretzels!
In case you didn’t know, the buckeye is named for the nut of the Aesculus tree; it’s also known as a horse chestnut. If you’re from Ohio, you might refer to yourself as a Buckeye (it is the Buckeye State, after all), even if you’re not necessarily an avid fan of the Ohio State Buckeyes.
The sweet and salty combination of these No-Bake Buckeye Pretzel Bars is incredible. The fact that it also has the beloved chocolate and peanut butter combination makes it even better! I LOVE the combination of all three together – SO dangerous. I can’t even decide what I like better, these No-Bake Buckeye Pretzel Bars or my Buckeye brownies. I also have a recipe for Buckeye Bark that is out of this world!
These bars don’t take very long to mix together and are ready in no time. The hardest part of this recipe is waiting for the bars to chill before enjoying the chocolate and peanut butter deliciousness.
More recipes to love: I found this Peanut Butter Buckeye Pie from my friend Katrina that looks absolutely amazing! I can’t wait to try it! Also, these Buckeye Blondies from my friend Melanie are such a great idea. I’ve never had a buckeye blondie before!
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 cups pretzel sticks, crushed (I measured before crushing, but you can do whatever you like!)
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Crushed pretzels (about 2 cups or as much as you prefer)
- Line a 9x13 baking pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, softened butter, powdered sugar and crushed pretzel sticks. Press evenly into prepared pan.
- In the microwave (can also use a double broiler), melt the chocolate chips with the peanut butter, stirring every 30 seconds until melted and smooth.
- Spread this over the peanut butter layer. Sprinkle on crushed pretzels.
- Refrigerate for AT LEAST one hour before cutting into squares and cut them while they are cold so they don't get too messy. Keep leftovers refrigerated.