Giant Reese’s Pieces Chocolate Chip Cookies
Giant Reese’s Pieces Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect combination of peanut butter and chocolate. These are the absolute best soft, chewy, thick cookie recipe!
Guess what?! Today is my birthday! I’m not even going to say how old I am because I’m to the point where the number is too large and embarrassing.
It’s now January and everyone else is over there on their food blogs posting these healthy New Year’s resolution recipes. I’m over here like, “Hey, I made you ginormous and fatty cookies because regular size ones just weren’t quite anti-diet enough!” I just love giant cookies.
To cheer me up from the realization that I’m another year older, I got asked to team up with a small group of my favorite blog friends (Laura from Pies and Plots, Erin from The Spiffy Cookie, and Kayle from The Cooking Actress) to host an awesome giveaway for one lucky reader! Laura is very generously providing this collection of cookbooks (the list is below along with the form to enter!) that every home cook should have in their collection. I know a lot of people make New Year’s resolution to cook more at home and/or eat together more as a family, so no better time to win all of these cookbooks!
You know how else I’m celebrating my birthday today? Shopping and these COOKIES! They represent all of my favorite things in one delicious cookie: peanut butter, chocolate, and my favorite candy of all time. Who doesn’t love Reese’s Pieces in baked goods (like these Soft Baked Reese’s Pieces Cookies, Reese’s Pieces Blondies)? If you’ve never added them to your cookies before you need to change that. Also, the only thing better than a regular sized Reese’s Pieces cookie is a GIANT Reese’s Pieces cookie. You can eat the equivalent of three cookies and feel good about yourself because you really only ate one cookie (right?).
So, if your New Year’s resolution is to eat more cookies, you can thank me later after you make these Giant Reese’s Pieces Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup Reese's Pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer (stand or hand), cream the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar on medium-high speed until completely combined. This step will take a couple minutes.
- Add the eggs, milk, and vanilla to the bowl and beat until well combined.
- Put mixer on low speed and gradually add the flour mixture, mixing until just combined.
- Add the chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and Reese's Pieces and mix until evenly distributed. If needed, do this by hand with a spatula or large spoon if your mixer isn't strong enough for the thick dough.
- Roll the dough into ¼-cup balls and place on the prepared baking sheets, giving a couple of inches in between each. Flatten the dough balls into ½-inch thick disks.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the cookies are light golden brown at the edges (check at 12).
- Place the baking sheets on cooling racks and let cool completely.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-4 days.
Recipe source: adapted from handletheheat.com
Haha – I love how you do math – YES – I’m all for 3 cookies=1 cookie anyday! And, I love that you posted cookies – life is all about balance after all right?!
I hope you have a wonderful birthday Ashley – age is just a number and if 3 cookies = 1, then well…you are not as old as your birth certificate says!
That’s an awesome stack of books – thanks for hosting the giveaway – I see so many in that stack that I NEED – like Merry Berry’s Baking book and Bob’s Red Mill book!
Happy birthday, Ashley! These cookies look like the perfect way to celebrate your 21st birthday! 😉
Happy birthday! And these look awesome!
These cookies look like the best way to celebrate a birthday! Thanks for holding the giveaway with me 🙂
What a great way to celebrate your birthday!
Happy Birthday! Forget cake, I want cookies for my birthday. Specifically, these cookies — so fantastic looking. Thanks!
Cookies look lovely! Happy Birthday.
Happy Birthday! Enjoy those big cookies!! Thanks for the give-away opportunity. I signed up for the give-away in hopes that it was going to be a package of those giant 3 for 1 cookies. LOL!
Happy Birthday and the cookies look de-lish!
Happy birthday! 🙂
Wow, these are absolute perfection!! If only I had about a dozen or so to myself right now! 😉
Happy Birthday, Ashley!!!
Happy Birthday! Love this recipe…birthday treats are so fun.
Happy birthday, Ashley! You know how to celebrate! And would you believe it but I’m getting ready to make a small-batch of monster cookies in a bit…so you are my kind of girl! Have a great one!!
Reece’s Pieces are my first favorite candy. I’ve loved them ever since E.T. And these cookies look great! I’m in!
Happy happy birthday!!! These cookies look insanely delicious!
Happy birthday Ashley!!! Hope you had a Superrr day! I’m sure you’re not old cause you don’t look 🙂 🙂 The word I love most in this post is giant!! YUM!!
Happy belated birthday! I love giant cookies, especially when filled with reeses pieces. 🙂
HAPPY (very belated) BIRTHDAY! I’m so happy we were able to do this giveaway together and omgeeee these cookies are KILLIN me-giant cookies + pb=heaven!