Double Pumpkin Cut-Out Cookies
Double Pumpkin Cut-Out Cookies recipe is spiced pumpkin cookies topped with a traditional royal icing and perfect for fall or Halloween!
Here is a totally fab last-minute Halloween recipe for ya’ll (I’m a wannabe country girl, in case you didn’t know that). These Double Pumpkin Cut-Out Cookies are the greatest because not only are they shaped like adorable little pumpkins, but the cookie batter is also pumpkin flavored! Hence, the “double pumpkin” name they have so deliciously earned.
These Double Pumpkin Cut-Out Cookies are also perfect if you have a work Halloween party happening or for your kids to bring to school!
I made a little visit to one of my favorite Rochester area attractions last week to see the church where my brother is getting married next year. We found this cute little pumpkin cookie cutter attached to a delicious recipe at the gift shop! It was so cute and I just had to have it!
Most buildings have staff in costumes that provide information about the history of the building, the time period and sometimes will be demonstrating a trade or craft. The museum has many special events and classes throughout the year so check out the website! Also, their churches are available for weddings, complete with horse drawn carriage.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons milk
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cream shortening, white sugar and pumpkin.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Whisk together baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, salt and flour. Add to pumpkin mixture and mix well.
- Roll out on generously floured surface to ¼ inch thickness. Cut out with pumpkin cookie cutter and bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. Do not over bake.
- Cook butter, milk and brown sugar until dissolved.
- Cool and add confectioner's sugar and vanilla.
- Add food coloring as desired.
- Spread over warm cookies. Decorate as desired.