Crock Pot Creamy Ranch Chicken and Potatoes
This extremely easy recipe for Crock Pot Creamy Ranch Chicken and Potatoes is the best comfort food meal, easy enough to cook for dinner guests, and will leave your house smelling divine!
So I already feel the need to make this Crock Pot Creamy Ranch Chicken and Potatoes again. This meal could seriously be made by a little kid – it is that easy! I absolutely love not using my oven in the summer, but I found another reason to love my slow cooker.
When you are doing kitchen renovations and your oven is buried somewhere under the mess of the rubble, your crock pot is your new best friend. I always say this, but they are the best invention EVER. I am the most controliest of control freaks and can’t wait for this kitchen mess to be a thing of the past! I know, however, that it is for the greater good.
If you are just starting your kids out with helping in the kitchen, this Crock Pot Creamy Ranch Chicken and Potatoes is a good one to start with. My Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings is another recipe that is similar to this one! You don’t have to worry about using the oven or stove and can still come out with a delicious meal in the end.
I crave warm and comforting food in the winter and fall, but also in the summer. In the summer I tend to get sick of grilling (as much as I love a good burger) and throw in a comfort food meal once in a while.
Feel free to serve this Crock Pot Creamy Ranch Chicken and Potatoes over some rice or with a side of rice. It really is a meal that needs no other bells and whistles added to it as it has it all – protein, starch, and a veggie.
I should also have you check out one of my personal favorite dinners – this Crock Pot Fiesta Mexican Chicken & Rice. Enjoy this meal any day of the year and don’t be surprised if you find yourself putting it on the regular recipe rotation. For another delicious chicken crock pot recipe, try my Crock Pot Chicken Alfredo.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6 medium Russet or Yukon Gold potatoes, not peeled, cut into chunks
- 2.5 cups baby carrots
- 1 large (23 oz.) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (1 oz.) packet dry ranch dressing mix
- ½ cup whole milk
- 2 Tbsp butter
- fresh thyme, for garnish
- Spray a 6-7 quart crock pot/slow cooker with non-stick spray OR use a plastic liner.
- Place cut potatoes and baby carrots in the bottom of crockpot. Layer chicken breasts on top of the vegetables.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cream of chicken soup, dry ranch dressing mix and milk. Pour this mixture evenly over the chicken. Place butter on top.
- Cover crock pot and cook on HIGH heat for about 4-5 hours OR on LOW heat for 7-8. All crock pots cook at different rates so be sure the chicken is cooked through.
- You can shred the chicken into smaller pieces if you wish.
- Top with some fresh thyme (optional).
Recipe source: adapted from crockingirls.com