Creamy Pumpkin Alfredo Pasta
Homemade Cheesy and Creamy Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce served over pasta makes the perfect fall dinner dish that your whole family will love.
I have good news for you. Your Thursday just got a heck of a lot better. Welcome to your new favorite pasta dish for the fall! Yes, I know I’m getting ahead of myself. This Creamy Pumpkin Alfredo Pasta will definitely win you over like it did with my family.
I love a creamy pasta dish like this one. Soft noodles swimming in a pumpkin cream sauce for the win. This dish is meatless, refreshing, cheesy and comforting. It is the perfect dish for curling up in a blanket by the fire after a long, cold week.
This Pumpkin Alfredo dish I’m sharing with you today is an easy, no-fuss dish you can make right at home. I have already made it several times so you can trust me that this is worth your while. It’s also on the cheaper side to make and quick for a weeknight meal. It contains simple ingredients and the sauce is SO great that you can use it in a variety of creative ways. This pumpkin Alfredo sauce renders a smooth, rich coating on the pasta and the pepper adds some spark to the richness of the sauce. The flavors in this sauce are just perfection.
This Creamy Pumpkin Alfredo Pasta is not exactly a dish that Mr. Wishes is begging for. In fact, I’m pretty sure that the last time I made it for him, it was long before we had our daughter and he very nicely said “uh, I don’t really like pumpkin sauce with pasta.” BUT it grew on him. He still doesn’t like it as much as my Chicken Bellagio, but he can deal.
I, on the other hand, love a creamy pasta dish like this one. Soft noodles swimming in a pumpkin cream sauce for the win. This dish is meatless, refreshing, cheesy and comforting. It is the perfect dish for curling up in a blanket by the fire after a long, cold week.
If you are not a fan of pumpkin but like a creamy pasta dish, try my One Pot Creamy Jalapeño Popper Pasta. This dish has a bit of a kick to it, but in a perfectly perfect way. You can also take a look at my Philly Cheesesteak Pasta because, cheese and pasta are life.
Serve this Pumpkin Alfredo Pasta with a side of fresh broccoli or cauliflower if you make it (and you really should). Enjoy!
- 12 ounces of noodles (I use linguine or fettuccine)
- 2 Tablespoon butter (unsalted)
- 2 shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream (can use half and half)
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated or shredded (plus more for garnishing)
- ½ cup white cheddar cheese, grated
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a sauce pan. Add minced shallots and garlic and sauté for about 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add pumpkin puree, nutmeg and ginger to pan and stir to combine.
- Add milk and cream to the pan and stir to combine.
- Raise heat and cook until mixture just begins to boil. Keep stirring occasionally so it doesn't burn at the bottom.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 5-7 minutes. Mixture should begin to thicken and slightly reduce.
- Stir in cheeses and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon sauce over noodles, garnish wish some extra Parmesan, and serve immediately.