Chicken Piccata Skillet
Delicious, creamy, easy-to-follow Chicken Piccata recipe all made in one skillet for easy clean up!
Happy Monday (did I just put those two words together?)! I am particularly sad to see this weekend end since it was a fun one. We broke in our new patio by inviting a group of friends over for a campfire, hot apple cider and plenty of desserts….it was pretty much the perfect fall night. It’s nice to have a huge patio to hang out on, especially when the weather is so perfect for it.
My favorite thing about this chicken piccata dish I’m sharing with you today is that it is all cooked in the skillet – even the pasta! Yup, no need to even have a separate pot going to boil the water and pasta. This means SUPER easy clean up which is awesome for a quick weeknight meal. I don’t know about you but there’s nothing worse than preparing a delicious meal, stuffing your face, and then sitting at the table and staring at the mess you made in the kitchen that is awaiting you. All I want to do after dinner is head to the couch and lay there in a full blown food coma.
Note: If you don’t like a lemon sauce, you will not like this meal. I repeat. If you do NOT like the taste of lemon sauce (like that in chicken french, etc.) then this piccata dish might have too much of a strong lemon flavor for you. Personally, I loved it just the way it is. You could always half the lemon juice and replace it with more chicken broth, though! It would still be tasty. Enjoy!
- 12 oz cooked, chopped chicken (or half a rotisserie chicken)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp dried minced onion
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 8 oz pasta
- 3-4 Tbsp capers, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- In 12-inch skillet, combine chicken, pasta, onion, garlic, heavy cream, lemon juice, chicken broth and pasta. Bring to boil. Cover and reduce heat.
- Simmer for 15-18 minutes, until pasta is tender. Stir in capers and parmesan cheese. Cook over low heat about 5 more minutes.
Recipe source: plainchicken.com