Baked Cheesy Vidalia Onion Dip
Baked Vidalia Onion Dip is a cheesy dip that you will love so much you’ll have a hard time tearing yourself away from the appetizer table.
OK, so I’m sharing a HOT dip recipe with you in the middle of July – you all still love me, right? I assure you that it’s gonna be alright, because I have a yummy giveaway for you to go along with it. I eat hot dips all year ’round but this particular onion dip is a little different because it’s actually just as good smeared on some crackers straight out of the refrigerator the next day. So technically, it can be a “cold” dip, too.
Getting the opportunity to try new foods or “new to me” foods is one of the perks of being a food blogger. I told you all last week in my giveaway post how I got to try out the Brownie Brittle from the BlogHer food conference I went to in Miami back in May. Well Vintage Italia Pasta Chips was also there showing off their amazing Pasta Chips and giving out samples for everyone to try! I’m telling you – these things are addicting! They have the great taste of pasta in a thin, crispy chip. Being the Italian pasta addict that I am, it doesn’t get much better than that.
They come in 5 different flavors: Alfredo, Marinara, Garlic Olive Oil, Sea Salt and Spicy Tomato Herb. Of course, my favorite was the garlic olive oil with sea salt as a close second. They have a light, flaky texture and are made of thinly rolled semolina flour pasta dough baked to a golden brown. They are perfect for eating all on their own or for dipping into your favorite party appetizer dip. Scroll down for the giveaway details – there will be THREE winners!!
- 2 medium sweet onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise (Hellman's)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 teaspoons fresh minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (adjust to heat level)
- ¾-1 cup of crumbled Pasta Chips for topping (optional)
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a bowl combine the mayo, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese and garlic together until well combined and smooth.
- Mix in chopped onions until combined, then season with black pepper and cayenne.
- Transfer to the baking dish. Top with crumbled Pasta Chips (optional).
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes or until the top is lightly browned.
- Serve with butter crackers, more Pasta Chips, or dipper of choice.
UPDATE: The 3 winners of the Pasta Chips are:
#131 – Lynnetta C: “I would love to try Sea Salt!”
#144 – Dawn Monroe: “I’d like to try the sea salt chips first.”
#120 – Nettie Moore: “Sharing on Moore or Less Cooking page FB! Nettie.”
Congratulations, all! Thank you to everyone who entered.
Thanks to Vintage Italia, THREE lucky Wishes and Dishes readers will each win FIVE bags of these Pasta Chips (pictured above)! Many thanks to them for providing the review and giveaway product. Giveaway is open to U.S. readers.
HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST
To enter to win, simply leave a comment on this post and answer the following question:
“Which flavor of Pasta Chips would you try first?”
You can receive up to FIVE additional entries to win by doing the following:
1. Subscribe to Wishes and Dishes by email.. Come back and let me know you’ve subscribed in an additional comment on this post.
2. Follow @wishesndishes on Twitter. Come back and let me know you’ve followed in an additional comment on this post.
3. Follow Wishes and Dishes on Pinterest. Come back and let me know you became a fan in an additional comment on this post.
4. Become a fan of Wishes and Dishes on Facebook. Come back and let me know you became a fan in an additional comment on this post.
5. Follow Wishes and Dishes on Instagram. Come back and let me know you’ve followed in an additional comment on this post.
Deadline: Sunday, July 27, 2014 at 11:59pm EST.
Winner: The winner will be chosen at random using Random.org and announced at the top of this post. I will email the winner and if he/she does not respond within 48 hours, another winner will be selected.
Disclaimer: Vintage Italia sent me this product and is mailing the prize out to the winner of the giveaway. My opinions remain entirely my own, as always.