Bacon Wrapped BBQ Meatloaf
This is my favorite meatloaf recipe: Barbeque Meatloaf wrapped in bacon. The flavor is outstanding and this is the best meatloaf recipe I have ever tried. It’s so easy and you won’t make it any other way after tasting this BBQ meatloaf!
Happy Friday! What are your plans for the weekend? My plan is to count down the days until this wintery weather subsides and I can finally bask in a little sunshine on my backyard patio 🙂 Come on already, spring! Can’t a girl just get a little sunshine and warmth?
I’ve made this Bacon Wrapped BBQ Meatloaf recipe countless times and everyone I’ve served it to has adored it. It really is the BEST! Even if you aren’t a huge meatloaf fan (not the singer, the food) I think you could really get behind this version. I honestly believe my husband might just love me even more on days that I make this (ha ha). The bacon makes it super moist and flavorful and the sauce on top gives it a little zing. Also, using the broiler pan is KEY to getting rid of the grease so the meatloaf doesn’t sit in it’s own fat while cooking away in the oven – genius!
This is meatloaf done right, folks. I love it just as much the second day on a sandwich (I’ll post soon about how I go about the perfect leftover meatloaf sandwich). This is replacing my old meatloaf recipe forever…..enjoy!
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 6 slices White Sandwich Bread
- 2 pounds Ground Beef
- 1 cup (heaping) shredded Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ teaspoon Seasoned Salt
- ¾ teaspoons Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- ⅓ cup Minced Flat-leaf Parsley
- 4 whole Eggs, Beaten
- 10 slices Thin/regular Bacon
- 1 and ½ cup BBQ sauce (can use Ketchup)
- ⅓ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dry Mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour milk over the bread slices in a bowl. Allow it to soak in for several minutes.
- Place the ground beef, milk-soaked bread, Parmesan, seasoned salt, salt, black pepper, and parsley in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour in beaten eggs.
- With clean hands, mix the ingredients until well combined.
- Form the mixture into a loaf shape on a broiler pan, which will allow the fat to drain. (Line the bottom of the pan with foil to avoid a big mess!)
- Lay bacon slices over the top, tucking them underneath the meatloaf.
- Make the sauce: add BBQ sauce, brown sugar and mustard mixing bowl. Stir together. Pour ⅓ of the mixture over the top of the bacon. Spread with a spoon or brush.
- Bake for 45 minutes, then pour another ⅓ of the sauce over the top.
- Bake for another 15 minutes.
- Slice and serve with remaining sauce in individual small dipping bowls or just put extra on the plates.
- Serve with mashed potatoes.
Recipe source: adapted from thepioneerwoman.com