Swiss Chicken recipe in white wine sauce with creamy soup is coated with the smooth, slightly sweet tang of melted Swiss cheese and topped with buttered stuffing.
Happy Monday! I hope you all had a great weekend. Mr. Wishes and I enjoyed our last weekend of non-craziness before the rest of the month of August inevitably flies by because of the insane amount of things we have planned…..birthdays, weddings, out-of-town guest visits….the list goes on! All good things, of course.
I have a great dinner idea to share with you today. This was such an easy recipe to make and it calls for more “standard” ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen, which is always nice for all of you non-planners like myself. It is one of those go-to meals on a busy night where you want/need a home made dinner but don’t have time to go shopping for weird ingredients or cook all night.
This meal smelled fabulous coming out of the oven, and tasted even better. The chicken was moist and delicious and the wine and swiss cheese make this really good.
Serve it with rice or vegetable and you have yourself a home-cooked meal the entire family will love. Perfect comfort food. Make it now, thank me later.
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted, plus more for casserole
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 ounces (about 8 slices) Swiss cheese
- 1 (10¾-ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 cup herb-flavored stuffing mix, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add the chicken to a shallow buttered casserole and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Layer the cheese slices on top.
- In a medium bowl, add the soup and the wine, season with salt and pepper and pour over the cheese.
- Sprinkle stuffing mix on top and drizzle with a little more melted butter, if desired.
- Bake for 45 minutes (might take a little longer depending on thickness of your chicken breasts). Remove from the oven and serve.
Recipe source: adapted from thefoodnetwork.com- Craving more? Sign up for the Wishes & Dishes Newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered every week to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook , Twitter , Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates!