Cheesy Cajun Chicken Pierogy Bake
Cheesy Cajun Chicken Pierogy Bake Recipe is classic comfort food that will take your weeknight dinner to a whole new level. It is all made in one pot, complete with chicken and veggies!
Happy first week of October! Things have been a bit of a whirlwind for me lately with back to back to back trips (two business and one pleasure). I love traveling and getting to experience new places, but life just needs to slow down sometimes! Oh, and I obviously miss my big, comfy bed. Starting next week I will be back to my routine and transitioning into fall! Nothing says “fall” like a good comfort food dish like the one I’m sharing with you today. This Cheesy Cajun Chicken Pierogy Bake is really an “all in one” casserole with cheese, cooked chicken, pierogies, and peppers. National Pierogy Day is October 8th, so no better time than now to share this recipe with you!
It’s the perfect day to celebrate this Eastern European specialty along with Mrs. T’s Pierogies. Even better, they are celebrating their 65th anniversary this year! Double the reason to celebrate.
This recipe is so simple to make and is just delicious and hearty. Everyone you make this for will love it! I’ve been in somewhat of a dinner rut lately and I’ve found my cooking crisis has an easy and tasty solution: Mrs. T’s Pierogies! They really make coming up with new dinner ideas easy. I mean, anything loaded with sharp cheddar cheese and creamy whipped potatoes folded in a pasta shell immediately has my heart. Who doesn’t loved mashed potatoes with cheese?
I am absolutely loving the Mrs. T’s Mini Classic Cheddar Pierogies! They are the perfect canvas to pair with your favorite ingredients to create a tasty dinner for your friends, such as my Crock Pot Sausage Pierogi Casserole. Quick meals made at home beat getting take out ANY day! The best part is you can keep these pierogies in your freezer and save them for a rainy day. Bust them out when you need some meal inspiration or just want to take a favorite classic recipe and “pierogi-fie” it.
So, this recipe has Cajun seasoning (hence the name), but I promise you it’s not spicy at all. If you’re worried about your kids (or big kids) or friends who can’t do “spicy”, this is a safe bet. The seasoning gives the dish just the right amount of Cajun seasoning and punch of flavor without being spicy at all.
This Cheesy Cajun Chicken Pierogy Bake makes a decent-sized meal so it’s perfect to share. If you’re having guests over for game day or for a last minute dinner, Mrs. T’s pierogies are a life-saver. They save you time on preparing the meal which is top priority sometimes, ya feel me? Less time cooking the meal means more downtime you can enjoy with your friends. This recipe is a keeper!
Feel free to add a salad and maybe some dinner rolls to your meal. You’ll wow your friends, and they’ll be shocked that the recipe was prepared in the blink of an eye. It literally melts in your mouth! If you single-handedly demolish this Cajun Chicken Pierogy Bake in one night, don’t be surprised (or blame me).
Be sure to check our Mrs. T’s Pierogies on social media and follow along with them! Their pierogies are available in more than 15 varieties!
Check out my how-to video of me making this Cajun Chicken Pierogy Bake recipe!
- • 1 package (12.84 oz) Mrs. T mini classic cheddar pierogies, defrosted
- • 1 large boneless, skinless chicken breast
- • olive oil, enough to coat the pan
- • 1 small onion, chopped
- • 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- • 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- • 10 oz chicken stock
- • 1 can (10 ¾ oz) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- • ½ can (10 ¾ oz) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- • ¼ cup milk
- • 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- • 1 tsp garlic powder
- • ½ tsp black pepper
- • 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a Dutch oven, sauté chicken on both sides in olive oil until juices run clear. Remove, cut into cubes, and set aside.
- In the same pot, sauté the onions and peppers in remaining oil until tender.
- Add stock, soups, milk, Cajun seasoning, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Bring to a boil and let boil for a few minutes; remove from heat.
- Add the defrosted pierogies and cooked chicken to the soup mixture, tossing to coat.
- If using a Dutch oven, sprinkle with cheese, cover and bake for 25 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Alternatively, pour into a 13x9 inch greased baking dish, sprinkle with cheese, cover and bake for 25 minutes. Enjoy!
Disclaimer: Thank you to Mrs. T’s Pierogies for sponsoring this conversation. All opinions remain 100% my own, as always.
Recipe source: strongly adapted from tasteofhome.com