UPDATE: The winner of the Progressive biscuit cutters is:
#36 – Ruby @ Ruby Red Apron: “Became a fan on Facebook”
Congratulations, Ruby! Be sure to reply to the email you’ve been sent, and your biscuit cutters will be shipped out to you directly from Progressive International! Thank you to everyone who entered
Progressive International, which is a large American company specializing in kitchen gadgets, sent me this awesome set of 7 biscuit cutters that I am giving away today! If you visit their website you can read all about this great company and find out where to buy their products! You will find that their food preparation tools come in many fun colors with an aim to make the preparation stages of cooking and baking as easy and enjoyable as possible. Some of Progressive’s most popular products include kitchen storage solutions, onion choppers, bowls and mandoline multi slicers. You can buy anything you are looking for….from baking gadgets and cooking products to pantry solutions, spices, tools and accessories. I’ve had my eye on their collapsible cake/cupcake carrier for a while now!
I love these biscuit cutters! They are colorful, lightweight, easy to clean, and sturdy (and will never lose their shape since they are plastic). Two of my favorite things about them are: 1. They all stack inside each other to save storage space in your cupboard and 2. They are two-sided: one side is plain and the other has scalloped edges so you can choose which you want to use. I also love the fact that each cutter has it’s size printed on it for those recipes that specify the size needed. Other than biscuits, these would be perfect for cookies, tarts, scones, and pierogi and are ideal for the baking I will be doing in the future.
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt (or other fine salt)
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, very cold
1 cup cold buttermilk
1 1/2 teaspoons honey
Thanks to Progressive International, one lucky Wishes and Dishes reader will win a set of these biscuit cutters! Many thanks to them for providing the review and giveaway product. Giveaway is open to U.S. and Canadian readers.
HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST
To enter to win, simply leave a comment on this post and answer the following question:
“What kitchen tool do you find most useful?”
You can receive up to FIVE additional entries to win by doing the following:
1. Subscribe to Wishes and Dishes by email (enter your email address in the box at the top right hand side of my page). Come back and let me know you’ve subscribed in an additional comment on this post.
2. Become a fan of Wishes and Dishes on Facebook. Come back and let me know you became a fan in an additional comment on this post.
3. Follow Wishes and Dishes on Pinterest. Come back and let me know you became a fan in an additional comment on this post.
4. Follow @wishesndishes on Twitter. Come back and let me know you’ve followed in an additional comment on this post.
5. Become a fan of Progressive International on Facebook. Come back and let me know you became a fan in an additional comment on this post.
Deadline: Tuesday, June 18, 2013 at 11:59pm EST.
Winner: The winner will be chosen at random using Random.org and announced at the top of this post. I will email the winner and if he/she does not respond within 48 hours, another winner will be selected.
Disclaimer: Progressive gave me this set of biscuit cutters and is also mailing a set out to the winner of the giveaway. My opinions remain entirely my own.