Cheesy Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas recipe that makes for an easy, delicious weeknight meal – especially for a Mexican food night!
Mr. Wishes and I are major Mexican food junkies – I cook it up at least once per week. These amazing enchiladas are the epitome of real comfort food and some of the best Mexican food I’ve made in my kitchen in a while…even your kids will love them! The sour cream definitely enriches the sauce to a point where it’s irresistible. You can even use Greek yogurt to make this ten times healthier (that’s probably not actually accurate, but you get the point.)
Oh, and if you like these, you’ll LOVE these Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas (they are my hubby’s favorite meal of all time!) I served these enchiladas with chips and my fresh guacamole (recipe coming soon). Have a great Wednesday!
- 10 small soft flour tortillas (can also use corn tortillas, but I like flour)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2½ cups shredded and cooked chicken (I like to use rotisserie chicken)
- 2 cups Sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 10 oz can of Rotel (mixture of tomatoes and diced green chilies)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine shredded chicken and 1 cup of cheddar cheese
- Fill tortillas with the mixture above and roll each one then place in a greased 9×13 pan
- Melt butter in a pan over medium heat
- Stir flour into butter and whisk for 1 minute over heat.
- Add broth and whisk together. Cook over heat until it’s thick and bubbles up.
- Take off heat for a few minutes and then add in sour cream and can of Rotel. (you don’t want it super hot when you add the sour cream or it will curdle!)
- Pour mixture over enchiladas and add remaining 2 cups of cheese to top.
- Bake in oven for 20-23 minutes then you will want to broil for 3 minutes to brown the cheese. Enjoy!
Recipe source: adapted from raininghotcoupons.com- Craving more? Sign up for the Wishes & Dishes Newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered every week to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook , Twitter , Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates!