Scrambled Egg Breakfast Muffins
A recipe for Scrambled Egg Breakfast Muffins with sausage and green peppers or spinach that are pretty, hearty and fun to serve for breakfast or brunch.
I don’t have a lot of time today as I’m packing up and going out of town again! Seriously – am I EVER home?! I should just keep my suitcase permanently packed! My life is crazy sometimes (in a good way). I’m joining Mr. Wishes on yet another adventure and tagging along on a business trip of his. Working from home definitely has it’s perks when all you need is yourself, a book and a laptop and can do your work from anywhere that has free WiFi 🙂
This is a nutritious breakfast idea for scrambled egg breakfast muffins that is super easy to make and you can eat them on the run with very little mess and whole lot of convenience. You can just stick each muffin in a plastic ziplock bag and grab it and go in the morning (does anyone reading this ever eat breakfast in the car before work?). This is a great idea to take to a brunch or shower as these muffins are very portable and easy to serve as they don’t need to be cut, etc. They can even serve as a quick lunch idea! Breakfast food, in my eyes, is appropriate for any meal and ANY time of the day. Enjoy and have a great weekend!
- ½ pound bulk pork sausage (can use cooked bacon instead)
- 12 large Eggs
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped green pepper*
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs.
- Add onion, green pepper, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Stir in sausage and cheese.
- Spoon by ⅓ cupfuls into muffin cups that have been coated with cooking spray.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
Recipe source: adapted from Quick Cooking Magazine – January/February 1999 issue