This is recipe for a peanut butter pie “cheese” ball. You can dip graham crackers, pretzels, animal crackers, or fruit in it to make this the perfect party dessert!
All of you peanut butter freaks will LOVE this recipe! Does anyone else agree that peanut butter should be it’s own food group? I wasn’t even sure what to name this peanut butter pie ball until some guests at my Groundhog Day party (yes, I threw a Groundhog Day party) said it tasted JUST like a peanut butter pie with a graham cracker crust, but in a dip form. It is sort of like a dessert version of a “cheese ball”.
Oh, and since this is ONE ball, it’s a single serving size, correct? Please say yes 🙂
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter (NOT all-natural – too oily)
- 3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- Graham Cracker crumbs, for rolling the ball in (about 1 cup)
- Graham crackers, teddy grahams, and/or apple slices for dipping
- Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, peanut butter and brown sugar in large mixer bowl until blended.
- Spoon onto a large piece of plastic wrap; bring up all four corners and twist tightly forming into a ball shape.
- Freeze for 1 hour 30 minutes or until firm enough to keep its shape.
- Place graham cracker crumbs in a flat dish.
- Remove plastic wrap from ball and roll ball in graham cracker crumbs to completely cover, pressing them into the ball if necessary to hold them in place.
- Place ball on serving dish; cover and freeze for 2 hours or until almost firm. (Can be made ahead. If frozen overnight, thaw at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes before serving.)
- Serve with graham crackers/graham cracker sticks, pretzel sticks, vanilla wafers, teddy grahams, or apple slices for dipping or spreading.
Recipe source: inspired by thegirlwhoateeverything.com- Craving more? Sign up for the Wishes & Dishes Newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered every week to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook , Twitter , Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates!